AppSheet Alternatives and Reviews
AppSheet is a platform that allows users to "code" mobile applications on IOS and Android without having any coding knowledge. It achieves this by allowing users to add functionalities to their app via a drag-and-drop style visual builder, similar to the kind seen in many WordPress websites. Apps built with AppSheet work like any other app, and see use in education, real estate, human resources, and more.
Table of Contents
3 Alternatives to AppSheet
AppMakrDescription of AppMakr (appmakr.com).
GetSiteControlDescription of GetSiteControl (getsitecontrol.com).
CaspioDescription of Caspio (caspio.com).
Pros & Cons of AppSheet
- Offers a powerful code-free solution to app building
- Their website features an interactive portfolio to give you a good idea of what you can do with the service
- Can be used to create both IOS and Android apps
- Lowers the price ceiling for app building, allowing companies that would otherwise not have an app to pursue an app (often to great success)
- Apps for personal use are free
- There is abundant support available through solution archives, partner programs, and customer service
- Pricing for enterprise clients is per-user-per month, which can get expensive quickly
- Templated app development offers fewer functionalities than outright programming an app
- Users have complained of insufficient customization options in the past
- Users will have a difficult time if they are not skilled with spreadsheets
Features of AppSheet
- Gives you the ability to make an app with absolutely no coding knowledge
- Apps can be either online or offline compatible
- Apps built with AppSheet have all the functionality you'd expect from an app, such as GPS, charts, barcode scanners, etc.
- Integrates with many online spreadsheet or cloud services (like Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive)
AppSheet is excellent for any business that could benefit from an app but not the expense of a full-time or freelance developer (who often charge upwards of $50/hour). Despite being code-free, AppSheet does require some technical knowledge, but an active community and support base ensure that anybody with a little time and knowhow can make an excellent app. AppSheet is suitable for small and large businesses alike.
The only downside, if you could call it one, is that you lose out on a large amount of customizability by using a visual app builder. This is because whatever app you create with AppSheet is within their ecosystem and therefore subject to their rules and design standards. Those who prefer customizability in all areas should steer clear of AppSheet.
AppSheet Youtube Videos
Disclaimer: This video was not made by us, but we found it interesting enough to embed it here.