The Best Bathtub Caddies
To help you find the perfect bathtub caddy, we continuously put forth the effort to update and expand our list of recommendable bathtub caddies. Our team collects, edits and publishes new information, in order to present it to you in an accurate, significant and neatly arranged way.
Runner-ups: 10 Best Bathtub Caddy Alternatives
Table of Contents
Buying Guide for Bathtub Caddies
4. Sharper Image Ultimate Bathtub Caddy Item #202110
1. KidCo Bath Toy Organizer Storage Basket2. Munchkin Quack Bath Caddy3. Hermosa Collection #1 Rated Bath Toy Organizer & Bathtub Storage Basket________________________________________________
Bathtub Caddy Buying Guide
Do you fill a vintage claw-foot slipper tub to the brim? Do you lounge in a custom garden or spa tub? While showering serves for quick and dirty, bathing represents the peace and leisure of the opposing end of the spectrum. No matter who you are, bathtubs offer a retreat unlike any other:
- For adults, they’re a place to unwind and rediscover sanity in an insane world.
- For children, they’re an alternate universe where bubbles make anything possible.
- Meanwhile, for the elderly, tubs can present issues of reach and safety.
The dilemma is always where to perch all the things we associate with bath time—from books and a glass of Merlot to toys or personal-care accessories. The just-right bathtub caddy will hold favorite or needed items safely and securely within reach. One size or type does not fit all, however. In fact, choosing the right bathtub caddy is quite personal and depends on some customized factors.
Bathtub SizeBathtub sizes vary in width, length and edges. While the cast iron claw-foot may be just 30 inches wide, a more modern style or custom install may be much wider—36, 40 or 48 inches or more. The caddy needs to be able to easily span the widest spot. It also needs to be able to rest securely where you would want it—not too close to the faucet but close enough to wherever you will be in the tub. Most are expandable, but overextending the sides or having insufficient overlap leads to instability and tipping.
Caddy Construction MaterialsWhich material has the look that fits your style? Caddies come in wood, metal and plastic:
- Wooden caddies typically use bamboo, a renewable resource known for its utility, versatility, water-resistance, beauty and strength. Many are eco-friendly and organic.
- Metal caddies typically come in stainless steel and may have chrome or other finishes. Pricier versions are available in solid brass, often with a chrome finish.
- Plastic caddies are available in a number of colors but may not be as durable as metal or wooden versions. They often, however, offer deeper compartments.
Nonslip EdgesTo prevent slips and tips, some caddies either incorporate structural contouring or add nonslip gripping surfaces to the edge rests. The nonslip material may match the caddy or your tub, or it may be a completely different color. Economy models may use clear suction cups or silicone or rubber coatings. Regardless of material, edges should have some type of treatment that prevents the caddy rests from scratching or marking your tub.
Angles and LevelsAn additional factor to consider is whether the caddy surface sits level with the extender arms and the top of your tub or is sunken or dropped to sit inside the tub. Bathers with short torsos may appreciate a more angled drop while long-legged individuals may find themselves bumping their knees. Again, you’ll want to measure to ensure that the edge stability features will rest correctly on your tub’s edge and suit your height requirements.
Splash Potential Versus Clean and Dry
Mold, mildew, soap residue and splashes are facts of life in the bathroom, so drainage and a caddy’s ability to shed moisture become considerations. Do you want an elegant platform for items that are to remain dry and will be on the caddy for only a limited period of time? Or will the caddy be holding containers that are wet and will remain in it long term? Will you want to be able to submerge it or scrub it with a brush?
- Many bamboo versions have small drainage holes or use slats but may hold water in some compartments. Bamboo is water-resistant but must be treated to be waterproof.
- Metal versions usually have the most open design but may rust; look for ones guaranteed not to. In addition, water splashing from underneath such an open system may be a concern, especially if electronics are present.
- Plastic caddies are often slotted and made to get wet. They may be mildew-resistant, and some are top-rack dishwasher-safe.
Caddy Depth and Holding CapacityThis factor can quickly determine which caddy to choose. Many bamboo caddies are quite shallow, almost traylike. In contrast, most plastic caddies offer depths suitable for everything from floaty toys to shampoo. However, some plastic caddies may be limited in weight capacity while others can easily hold several pounds. Metal may offer versatility and strength, but the open, wire-like format might not be able to contain small or narrow items.
Plastic caddies can be purchased for as little as $12. Many bamboo caddies are available in the $30 to $50 range. Stainless versions start around $40 but tend to escalate rapidly and cross the $100 mark with chrome, nickel finishes or solid-brass options. As with many other luxury items, extreme, high-end or custom versions are available for both wood and metal options in the several-hundred-dollar range.
Features With PurposeUltimately, the caddy’s features are the main attraction. With technology at our fingertips and quality-of-life convenience more available—and expected—than ever, some caddies seem to offer it all through any number of features, including:
- An adjustable book stand or reader holder that support Kindles, Nooks, iPads, tablets, smartphones and other devices. Some accommodate magazines better than others. Most holders are both removable and adjustable.
- Flat surface size. Many caddies come with designated compartments and features but very little plain, flat surface area. For creative types or writers who brainstorm in the tub, smooth, flat space can be tricky to find.
- Wine glass holders or slots. Metal versions tend to have curled glass holders while bamboo caddies have stem slots. Some have two holders for two glasses.
- Mirrors. Some double as book or reader holders while others have pedestal vanity mirrors complete with a magnifying side.
- Soap holders, which may be integral or attachable.
- Razor holders.
- Washcloth or hand towel racks.
- Snack trays, which may be integral, adjustable or detachable.
- Phone trays.
- Candle or glass holders. Both single candlestick and larger, pillar-type options are available.
- Movable partitions or dividers.
- Compartment depths.
- Extendable arms with holders or compartments.
- Nonslip surfaces.
- Over-the-side add-ons.
Ultimately, the perfect caddy meets its user’s expectations in appearance, functionality and price point. Since so many variations are available to choose from, anyone can find their perfect bathtub caddy solution. Just be sure to read all the specifications, and—as traditional advice cautions—measure. Then, measure again.
Top Rated Bathtub Caddies
If you're looking into finding the best rated bathtub caddy, you should probable check out the Umbra Aquala, Bamboo and Chrome Extendable Tray Caddy. We looked at various sources of reviews and found this one to have the best mix between review count and average rating stars.
Often, going for the best price is a simple but good option. With a price of $27.90 (last checked on March 23, 2019), we do not list any other bathtub caddy cheaper than the Good-Love Bamboo Caddy. Just remember that it's not always the best option to go for the cheapest one.
The Bathtub Caddy with the Most Reviews
With at least 521 reviews and counting, the Umbra Aquala, Bamboo and Chrome Extendable Tray Caddy might be another option to consider. This large amount of reviews signalizes that many people are using it, with most of them beeing satisfied.
It's quite rare that the saying "You get what you pay for" turns out incorrect. If you have the money on the sideline, feel free to choose the most expensive item from our list: The ALLZONE Constant Tension Corner Shower Caddy currently sells for $49.99.
Most Clicked Bathtub Caddy
If you trust us and our users, feel free to check out the ALLZONE Constant Tension Corner Shower Caddy. Our statistics say that it is the most favorite Bathtub Caddy from the list above.
If you're still undecided, I would recommend that you go with the masses and choose the top selling bathtub caddy: The Timbercraft Premium Bamboo Caddy for currently $32.98 on Amazon (last checked on March 23, 2019).
That's it for now, please remember that this list is updated on a regular basis.
Bathtub Caddy Reviews
There are no reviews for Bathtub Caddy, yet.
Be the first to write one, or check for additional reviews in the next section below.
Share your opinion on Bathtub Caddy
#bathtubcaddy on Instagram
Further Reading on Bathtub Caddies
Do Your Own Research
Two identical shelf halves are provided, each half having a first shelf level for supporting thereon bath articles, and a second shelf level of greater depth for storing therein bottles and the like. The halves are supported on a support bar which allows a spacing therebetween so …
A bathtub caddy is disclosed for supporting items such as a cup, soap, towels, and magazines alongside a bathtub. The bathtub caddy includes a base member and a cross- member having a first and second end. The cross-member is oriented such that the first end …
… US07239839 1988-09-02 Bathtub caddy Expired - Lifetime USD316646S (en) Publications (1). Publication Number, Publication Date. USD316646S true USD316646S (en), 1991-05-07. Family. ID=. Cited By (1). * Cited by examiner, † Cited by third party. Publication number, Priority …