The 9 Best DVD Players
Our Picks in Detail
If you have any questions regarding an item, please refer to our comments section for this article.
* Last update of prices was on 2019-01-18 09:37:35 via PA API. Prices or conditions may have changed in the meantime.
9 Best DVD Player Alternatives
DVD Player Buying Guide
Well, for those who are still appreciative of the old media formats, or who are looking to get into DVDs as a collection, or just to have a hard copy of their favorite shows and movies, it can be a bit daunting to find the right player - especially with the rise of so many claiming newer and newer and better and better features and specs to keep up with the rise of digital media and blu-ray.
But that's not going to stop the determined DVD consumer, so before we look at the recommendations, let's look at...
Now, here's a thing to consider. What DVDs will you be playing? If you're only aiming for domestic releases, you'll probably be fine with just about any DVD player, but if you plan on watching imports, or travelling abroad with your player, you'll probably want to look into something either entirely region-free, or at least multi-region. This will allow you to view video and media that isn't available in your player's designated country of sale!
What about portability? People don't always think 'DVD Player' and portable at the same time, but the handheld DVD player market is actually quite strong, and for good reason - movies and TV on the go, with a screen smaller and more manageable than a laptop, bigger and more watchable than a phone, and CONSIDERABLY cheaper than a tablet? It's the perfect way to keep the kids in line on a car-trip, way to keep yourself entertained on a plane, or give yourself something to do on long bus or train commutes.
Got digital? Get a player that has either memory-card or USB capabilities, and you won't HAVE to buy all of your digital movies again - just the ones you want to!
With those decently simple considerations out of the way, it's time to look at...
The following options are some well-considered ideas from various top-name brands that can offer you the standard of entertainment you long for - it is, however, hardly exhaustive, due to the sheer amount of players on the market.
Panasonic S700P-K Multi Region 1080p Up-Conversion Code Region Free DVD/CD player, Xvid, USB Playback and photo slideshow with MP3 Music
- Will play PAL and NTSC DVDs from Any Country
- 1080p Up-Conversion/ 108MHz/12bit DAC/ Dust Proof Design/ Power Resume/ Xvid Compatible/ USB/ Black Finish
- Playable Disc: DVD-R*/DVD-R DL*/DVD-RW*, +R*/ +R DL*/ +RW*, MP3, JPEG,CD, CD-R/-RW, Xvid, SVCD,
This region-unlocked DVD player plays a number of disc formations, as well as upscales to 1080p and plays off USB, including MP3 music!
Samsung C500 1080p HDMI All Multi Region Code Zone Free DVD Player
- 1080p Multi Region Code Free DVD
- DVD, DVD-R,DVD-RW, CD, CD-R/RW, MP3, WMA, JPEG, MPEG-4
- Progressive scan eliminates the slightest blurs and distortions
Another multi-region player that plays a large variety of formats.
Toshiba SD-3109 DVD Player
- Built-in Dolby Digital decoding with 5.1 output
- Dual-disc loading
- Dolby Digital and DTS output
A quality choice for a slightly cheaper player, this Toshiba has Dolby Digital output.
LG Electronics DP132 DVD Player
- Connectivity includes 1 Analog Audio 2ch Output, 1 Composite Video Out, 1 USB 2.0
- DVD/CD Playback
- USB Direct Recording with DivX Playback
While many may be offput by the lack of an HDMI, the low price-point and the different playback capabilities of this setup may still make it viable for things such as a children's playroom setup or a cost-effective installation.
Philips HDMI 1080p Multi Region Zone Free DVD Player - PAL/NTSC Compatible - Region 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 0
- Guaranteed to play any DVD from any country or region on any TV. Simple plug and play unit.
- Connectivity: Analog audio Left/Right out, Composite video (CVBS) output, Digital coaxial out, HDMI output, Compatible disc format: DivX Ultra, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, PAL, NTSCCompatible media: Dolby Digital, MP3, WMA, PCMOutput: Audio / Video out12-bit/108MHz videoParental Control, Child Lock
- HDMI 1080p upscaling delivers images that are crystal clear.
Another multi-region, high-compatability model, this time from Phillips, it's slightly cheaper than some of the similar models listed thus far.
DBPOWER 7.5-Inch Portable DVD Player with Rechargeable Battery, SD Card Slot and USB Port - Black
- 5 Hours extended battery life
- Compatible with:CD,DVD,DVD+,R/RW,VCD,MP3,WMA,VOB,AVI,MPEG1,XVID,JPEG
- Included USB and SD card reader
And finally, something a little different - a portable DVD player for those movie and TV buffs on the go!
With these examples laid out, and a pretty firm guideline of what it is you should look for depending on your needs and desires, you should have the framework laid out for what is likely to be the DVD player of your dreams - whether it is one that you read about above, or another. There's no accounting for taste, so it's hard to tell what is best and what isn't for you just looking at a page, but at the least, this should have given you some ideas of what you're looking for.
A World of Endless Possibility.
More Research on DVD Players
DVD Player Related Video: 2017 Honda CRV - Headrest DVD Players
We also provide many other services such as window tinting, LED and HID lighting, windshield replacement, car audio/video & many more! Visit our Facebook ...