The 10 Best Extension Cords
Our Picks in Detail
If you have any questions regarding an item, please refer to our comments section for this article.
* Last update of prices was on 2019-01-17 09:37:46 via PA API. Prices or conditions may have changed in the meantime.
13 Best Extension Cord Alternatives
Extension Cord Buying Guide
Fortunately, extension cord buying can be broken down into easy pieces. If you answer these questions, you'll be well on your way to figuring out exactly what you need.
1. Is the extension cord optimized for indoor or outdoor use? If you're looking for an extension cord for your indoor furniture, you'll want to buy something designed to save space. If you're looking for an outdoor cord, you'll want something designed to protect against the elements.
2. Does your furniture need to be flat against the wall? Some power cords come with special designs so your furniture can be pushed flat against the baseboard with no hassle.
3. Do you need additional outlets attached to the extension cord? Is the extension cord being used just for its extension properties, or do you need a power strip for your utilities?
4. How long do you need your extension cord to be?5. How much power will you be running through the extension cord?
6. What is your budget?The Ubercords 10 Foot Extension Cord (2-Pack) is a two pack of ten foot long extension cords. The heavy duty, three-prong design is created to fit most devices and wall outlets. This pack is ideal if you're looking for more than one high quality, dependable extension cord. The pack costs about twenty-two dollars.
The SlimLine 2241 Flat Plug Extension Cord is a white, three-wire extension cord which is eight feet long. This extension cord is imported and has a specially designed plug, angled so it doesn't block the bottom outlet. The cord has a space saving design and allows you to place furniture directly against the baseboard without hassle. It costs about six dollars.
The AmazonBasics 16/3 Vinyl Outdoor Extension Cord is a fifty foot long orange extension cord. It's optimized for outdoor use rather than indoor. The design is three-wire, and the cord is made entirely of copper. The vinyl coating protects against direct sunlight and moisture. This extension cord has a rating of thirteen amps and 1625 watts. It costs about fifteen dollars.
The GE 12-Feet Indoor Extension Cord with Tamper Guard is a white extension cord that is twelve feet long. The polarized cord has a tamper guard for added safety. It is rated with a maximum of thirteen amps and 1625 watts. This cord costs about five dollars.
The StarTech.com 6 ft Power Extension Cord is a six foot long, utilitarian black extension cord. This cord is rated to carry 125 volts at thirteen amps. The cord also comes with a lifetime warranty and a space saving design. It costs about seven dollars.
The QVS PC3PX-10 10-Feet 3-Outlet 3-Prong Power Extension Cord is a utilitarian black extension cord. It has two outlet jacks for maximum power usage. This cord is ten feet long, and it has a rating of thirteen amps and 1625 watts. It costs about nine dollars.
The AmazonBasics 16/3 Vinyl Outdoor Extension Cord - 100 Feet is another extension cord optimized for outdoor use. Its one hundred foot length makes it ideal for large outdoor gatherings that are semi-far from outlets. The vinyl covering protects against sun damage and moisture. This cord is rated at ten amps and has a maximum of 1250 watts. The orange coloring makes it high visibility for safety. The cost is about twenty-five dollars.
The Aurum Cables 10 Feet 3 Outlet Extension Cord is a ten foot extension cord which has been optimized for both indoor and outdoor use. This extension cord provides up to three extra outlets for maximum power usage. An included accessory loop allows you to conveniently hang the extension cord on the wall. The flat plug design saves space and allows you to comfortably fit furniture against the wall. This cable costs about ten dollars.
The Cable Matters Heavy Duty AC Power Extension Cord is a twenty-five foot long, utilitarian black extension cord. This cable is rated for indoor use and rates at thirteen amps and 1625 watts. This cord has universal compatibility with most household appliances, devices, and wall outlets. The cable is both sturdy and flexible, allowing maximum maneuverability combined with maximum safety. The cost is about fourteen dollars.
The Axis Power Cord Cable (45502) is a six foot white extension cord. This cord has polarized plug outlets and is optimized for indoor use. It includes a plug cover, making it ideal if you have children who might be in danger when exposed to extension cord outlets. This cord costs about five dollars.
When choosing the right power cord, it's important to consider all of the available information. If you can narrow down your search to basic criteria, you'll have an easier time making your decision. If you're looking for an outdoor power cord, the AmazonBasics cords should be able to suit your needs. If you're looking for cords which will lie flat against baseboards, the Aurum Cables 10 Feet 3 Outlet Extension Cord and the SlimLine 2241 Flat Plug Extension Cord are ideal. If you're seeking maximum safety, the included covers on the Axis Power Cord Cable (45502) make it a good bet. And if you're looking for extension cords with attached power strips, the Aurum Cables 10 Feet 3 Outlet Extension Cord and QVS PC3PX-10 10-Feet 3-Outlet 3-Prong Power Extension Cord are both great.
More Research on Extension Cords
Extension Cord Related Video: What If Extension Cords Were Sold Like This?
Today we're taking a boring old extension cord to the next level. Does your cord tangle easily? Is your cord frayed at the plug? Not anymore! Subscribe & “Ring ...