The 10 Best Floor Lamps
Our Picks in Detail
If you have any questions regarding an item, please refer to our comments section for this article.
* Last update of prices was on 2019-01-20 09:49:54 via PA API. Prices or conditions may have changed in the meantime.
13 Best Floor Lamp Alternatives
Floor Lamp Buying Guide
There are a few easy questions to answer when shopping for a floor lamp. These will help you narrow down exactly what you're looking for.
1. How portable do you need the lamp to be? Do you want it to be able to double as a desk lamp? Some lamps come with rolling bases, while others are meant to stay stationary. If you're planning to move the lamp from room to room, finding one with wheels is ideal.
2. What are you using the lamp for? Some lamps are specialized for reading or intricate craft work. Others give off a daylight glow. Still others are made for purely decorative purposes. You want to buy a lamp optimized for your exact needs.
3. What is your personal aesthetic? Sleek, utilitarian metal lamps fit in a lot of different furniture configurations. Some lamps have an antique design for a more homely feel. Others are made to be beautiful, with stained glass or patterned shade designs. Your personal aesthetic will help you narrow down what you want the lamp to look like.
4. How often will you be using the lamp? If you plan to use the lamp every day, you'll want to invest in one that supports long-lasting bulbs and has an energy saving design.
5. What is your budget?The Brightech Litespan LED 2nd Edition Reading Floor Lamp is a high quality reading lamp with bright LED lights. The lamp is specially designed to pivot in any direction, and it comes with a built-in dimmer. The bulb uses twelve watts to save energy, and the light is good for full-spectrum focus. This is a high quality lamp for both reading and intricate crafts that require bright, visible light. The LED light never needs to be replaced and is designed to last for more than twenty years. The lamp remembers your brightness decisions when you next power it up, so you only need to dim it to your ideal setting once. It comes in five colors, includes a three year warranty, and costs about seventy dollars.
The Brightech – LightView Pro Dimmable LED Magnifier Floor Lamp is another high quality Brightech floor lamp with a dimmable LED light. The base has six wheels, allowing the lamp to be rolled in any direction. The lamp has both daylight and cool light color temperatures, and the height is flexible. This lamp differs from the previous one in that it includes a magnifier, making it great if your tired eyes need larger print or to see the detail in intricate craft work. The LED light only uses nine watts in total to save energy. Included is a three year warranty. This lamp costs a little over one hundred dollars.
The Brightech - Litespan LED Reading and Crafting Floor Lamp is a third high quality Brightech lamp optimized for reading and craft work. This lamp comes in a sleek black design. The LED light provides a 6,000 Kelvin full color spectrum experience. The light doesn't generate heat and it will last for over twenty years. Included is a dimming feature to soften the brightness to your ideal standards. The lamp is available in five colors, includes a three year warranty, and costs about seventy dollars.
The Revel Akira 80" 3-Light Arc Floor Lamp is an elegant floor lamp with three shaded lights. This lamp comes with an antique bronze finish and beige burlap drum shades for a softer brightness. It can accommodate three LED bulbs or traditional bulbs. Included is a four way switch with dimming capabilities and a six foot cord. This lamp costs about one hundred and fifty dollars.
The Marlowe Woven Bronze Metal Floor Lamp is a metal lamp which can accommodate two 100 watt bulbs. It has thin metal columns and a bronze finish, creating a utilitarian yet elegant look. The outer shade is woven metal while the inner shade is made of burlap to soften the glow. This lamp costs about two hundred dollars.
The TROND LED Gooseneck Floor Lamp for Reading is a floor lamp optimized for readers. It also works for people doing crafts. This lamp comes with five LED color temperatures and five dimness settings. It can double as a floor lamp or a desk lamp. Also included is an optional thirty minute shutoff timer, which is great if you often doze off under the lamp. This lamp includes a detachable power cord and an eighteen month warranty. It costs about seventy dollars.
The Serena D'italia Tiffany Style Lamps is a more decoratively styled floor lamp. The shade is hand cut and styled like mosaic stained glass, making the lamp throw different colors on the walls. This lamp has an elegant bronze finish and comes with an on-off pull down chain. It is sixty inches tall and styled to look like an antique lamp. The cost is about one hundred and thirty dollars.
The Ridley Satin Nickel Gooseneck Floor Lamp is a sixty-one inch tall floor lamp. It can accommodate one sixty watt bulb. The satin nickel finish is done in a contemporary style. Included is an on-off rotary switch on the lamp socket. This lamp costs about thirty dollars.
If you're looking for an economical option, the Ridley Satin lamp is a great investment. If you're looking for reading and crafts work optimized lamps, Brightech lamps consistently provide excellent LED support. A lamp with a magnifier is ideal if you have trouble seeing small print. For a lamp which will illuminate a large amount of space, the Revel Akira is great. For a lamp with a shutoff timer, the TROND LED Gooseneck Floor Lamp is a great choice.
More Research on Floor Lamps
Floor Lamp Related Video: Types of Floor Lamps - How to Buy a Floor Lamp | Lamps Plus
With so many types of floor lamps, do you know how to decide which one to buy? We've put together a shopping guide as a place to start with some great design ...