The Best Folding Table
To help you find the perfect folding table, we continuously put forth the effort to update and expand our list of recommendable folding tables. Our team collects, edits and publishes new information, in order to present it to you in an accurate, significant and neatly arranged way.
8 More Folding Table Alternatives
Table of Contents
Folding Table Features
Folding tables have a variety of features. It depends on how and where the table will be used as to which features are the most important to the customer. Some of the available features are:
- Adjustable Height-The standard height of a folding table is around 30 inches. An adjustable table will have intervals set at 1-inch apart to change the height. If using a fixed height table, a person must decide if the table needs to be at youth height or the standard height.
- Impact Resistance-A bumper edge is provided on many brands of tables and will help protect the table from bumps and other everyday damage from use.
- Underneath Sealed-Many tables have a protective cover made from laminate or another sealant to safeguard against damage to the core of the table.
- Weight Capacity-The weight limit of the table is frequently listed on the table. This number can help determine if the table can withstand the pressure required.
- Damage Resistant-Depending on the desired use of the folding table, scratch, dent, and strain-resistant features should be investigated.
- Storage-A folding table should fold flat or into a square to require the minimum amount of space to store.
- Weather Resistant-If the table will be left outside, it is significant to find a folding table that is safe to use outdoors and is weather resistant.
- Safety Feature-A variety of folding tables offer a safety feature where the legs lock into a mechanism that will prevent the table from closing while in use.
- Environmentally Friendly Features-These tables are made from paint, enamel finish, and recycled materials that are safe for the environment.
Styles of Folding TablesFolding tables also come in a variety of styles. The best style for a customer will depend on how the table will be used. The first style is a card table style which is square to allow four players to quickly reach the center of the table. This table usually folds for easy storage, also.
A folding cafeteria table folds in half to make storage and setup easy. The center of the table has a split seam that rises, and the two edges fold down to collapse the frame. A rectangle folding table typically has two connected legs on both ends and fold towards the center of the tabletop.
Octagon folding tables are similar to the cafeteria table but are in the shape of an octagon. Round folding tables have hinges on the connected legs to fold them into the tabletop. Square folding tables can have four individual legs that fold into the tabletop.
Folding Table ComponentsEven though a variety of tables are available, a person should not purchase a table without examining the following components:
- Automatic Lock Mechanism
This locking mechanism is a safety feature that prevents the table from folding when in use. This mechanism must be manually disengaged to fold the table for storage.
- Built-in Hand Grip
This grip will make it easy to move, lift, and carry the folding table.
These wheels allow for easy mobility and add to the table height. These wheels should be hooded to prevent clothing, fingers, and other objects from getting caught in the wheel.
- Cross Bars
These bars provide strength and support to the structure of the table. Cross bars also help prevent damage from extra weight and use.
- Modesty Panel
This panel reinforces the table legs providing stability to the tabletop. They also conceal part of the underside of the table to allow for privacy.
- Steel Apron
For lasting appearance, shape, and performance, an apron is needed to provide extra frame support.
- Safety Stop
This component helps prevent fingers and other stuff from getting caught in the folding legs or hinges of the table.
- Rounded Corners
These types of edges are a safety feature to prevent injury to small children and to also increase comfort when sitting at the corner.
- Foot Caps
Foot caps will protect the flooring and the ends of the legs from damage.
- Stacking Bumpers
These bumpers are found on the frame of the table. These components are made to cushion the frames of the tables when they are stacked together. They prevent the table from touching which eliminates damage to the tabletops from the frames.
Folding Table Uses
Folding tables can be used for various purposes that fall into four basic categories. The first category is for heavy duty use and meant for weights up to 1000 pounds. They are the most heavy duty available tables that have five support bars which help prevent damage from the weight.
A light use table is used for dinners, parties, craft fairs, and cookouts. They are not meant to hold a lot of weight but are easily stored. Medium use folding tables can support more weight than the light use table but less weight than the heavy duty tables. Items that are too heavy will collapse the table and may cause injury.
The final category is indoor/outdoor use tables. An indoor table should not be used outdoors because it is not protected from the weather.
Top Rated Folding Tables
If you're looking into finding the best rated folding table, you should probable check out the Lifetime 28241 Adjustable Laptop Table. We looked at various sources of reviews and found this one to have the best mix between review count and average rating stars.
The Lowest Price We Could Find
Often, going for the best price is a simple but good option. With a price of $32.95 (last checked this morning), we do not list any other folding table cheaper than the Winsome Alex 2-pc Set TV Table. Just remember that it's not always the best option to go for the cheapest one.
The Folding Table With the Most Reviews
With at least 3452 reviews and counting, the Lifetime Height Adjustable Craft Camping and Utility Table might be another option to consider. This large amount of reviews signalizes that many people are using it, with most of them beeing satisfied.
High Quality Folding Tables
It's quite rare that the saying "You get what you pay for" turns out incorrect. If you have the money on the sideline, feel free to choose the most expensive item from our list: The Best Choice 6ft Plastic Table currently sells for $89.99.
The Folding Table With the Most Clicks
If you trust us and our users, feel free to check out the Lifetime 28241 Adjustable Laptop Table. Our statistics say that it is the most favorite Folding Table from the list above.
If you're still undecided, I would recommend that you go with the masses and choose the top selling folding table: The COSCO Deluxe 6 foot x 30 inch Fold-in-Half Blow Molded Table is the hottest bestseller in this category right now.
Folding Table Reviews
Further Reading on Folding Tables
About this Article
It was last updated on 2023-02-03 08:13:53 and has been viewed 1958 times.