The 10 Best Hose Reels
Our Picks in Detail
If you have any questions regarding an item, please refer to our comments section for this article.
* Last update of prices was on 2019-01-17 09:54:07 via PA API. Prices or conditions may have changed in the meantime.
12 Best Hose Reel Alternatives
Hose Reel Buying Guide
A hose reel is an equipment that is mounted outside your home to keep your hoses coiled up and neat to avoid them becoming tangled up. The hose is used by connecting it to the base end and uncoiling it from the reel when you need it. After doing your watering, you wind it up by using a button or a crank to reel it up neatly. The reel makes watering easy since you do not have to struggle with your hose during watering or after.
Types of hose reels you should look out forWhen you Google the word “horse reels” you will find a variety of hose reels available for lawn and garden enthusiasts. They come in different styles, shapes, and size finding the one that suits your needs is quite easy since you have a variety to choose from. However, the hard part might be selecting a quality hose reel that will last longer and one that will hold the right amount of hose you need.
Knowing what you are looking for and doing a proper research will help you make an informed decision on the right hose reel.
Below are different types of horse reels
• Standalone reel – this is the excellent reel for homeowners who do not want to attach anything on your home side. These types of reels are available in different styles. The most popular one is the box holder made from heavy-duty plastic and looks like a little seat. Such reels have retractable systems that make it easier for users; all you need to do is wind the handle.
• Cart reel – they are perfect for people who want to move the reel to different locations. If you have multiple outdoor faucets to attach the hose, this reel is excellent for you. Also, you can store this reel in a warehouse after you are done using it. Such reels are mostly designed to look table like and may have storage compartments for hardware you need while watering.
• Portable reels – these reels look similar to carts, but they look like a hand truck or hand dolly. They have a manual crank that reverses the hosepipe on to the reel after you are done. It is easy to pull and push them back since they have the tire like wheels that work well.
• Hideaway reels – these are for those homeowners who do not want their hoses to be visible. Such Reels are mounted on the wall or kept freestanding to hide them from the view.
• Decorative reels- these are reels that come with different designs that can match the exterior of different homes. However, these reels focus more on looks than functionality.
• Spring loaded reels – these reels use a spring-loaded retraction system to allow efficient rewinding. They are a bit expensive, but users who want to make their watering easier will not mind the cost. They come with different types and designs so you can compare prices and choose the one that you can afford.
Materials and designs to look forAs said earlier, horse reels come in different unique designs. Some are made of metal, hard plastic or even wood. The type of material that you will buy will depend on your taste and preferences.
How to inhibit leakages from your hosepipe reelDespite the quality of your hose reel, holes are likely to happen for various reasons
Below are some of the ways to ensure you do not have any leaks
• Make sure the connections are tight enough. These can loosen up from time to time and leaks can be fixed by tightening them.
• Cross threading – after buying the hose reel, the threads might not be lined up correctly with the out tube or the in tube. It is wise to loosen the hosepipe and do it again making sure that the threads are properly lined up. This might be a good way of preventing leaks.
• Replace the O-Rings from time to time – O-rings can dry and crack over time and cause leaks, so it is important to keep checking them. Finding replacements in hardware stores is easy.
Storage tipOnce the watering season is over, you may be required to store your hose reel just like other outdoor equipment. If you do this, it is just important that you are doing it properly. Below are some of the important ways to do it to ensure it stays in excellent condition for the next watering season.
One of the crucial things is to make sure that your hose and hose reel are completely dry before storing them. Trapped water in the reel can cause damage such as rust if the reel is metallic. Drain both of them until all the water is dry. You can let it sit out in the sun to dry for a while.
Ensure your storage room or garage temperatures are above freezing. This is the best environment to store your hose reel until the next watering season.
Can you purchase hose reels online?Nowadays everything can be bought online. The online industry is growing fast, and Sites advertising their services to sell different products are coming up each day. These sites are bold in their statement to offer the best services to you.
Just like most products today, you can buy hose reels online. Technology has made it much easier to access everything online, but that is only half the way. When purchasing, you have to ensure that you are taking care of your safety while at the same time doing it efficiently and smoothly.
With the online market continuing to thrive every day, there are chances that you could be buying hose reels but from a vendor who is not genuine. You should take extra caution to ensure that the site you are using is legitimate. Another problem is online scammers who will lure you into buying their products only to fail in keeping their part of the bargain.
Before you decide to order hose reels from any site you find online; it is important for you to do a background check on it to establish that it is reliable. Also, when doing your research on the site, make sure that you are getting the information from a reputable source. Fraudsters create some of these places so that they can defraud you your hard-earned cash. One of the sites that you can always trust is Amazon.
ConclusionAs we have seen, there is a variety of hose reels available in the market that homeowners can purchase. Whether you want a decorative one or one that you can move around, you can be assured that you will get one out there that will suit your needs. When you do proper research and know all the details you need to know, choosing the best hose reel becomes a less stressful experience. You can now use the knowledge you have learned in this article to find the hose reel of your choice and one that suits your budget.
More Research on Hose Reels
Hose Reel Related Video: AIR HOSE REELS TO WELDING LEAD REELS - $25 PROJECT
So I decided to reuse an item for a diffrent application and worked awesome. I used 2 manual air hose reels to load some 1/0 welding leads. The cheapest ...