The Best Kid Picnic Table
To help you find the perfect kid picnic table, we continuously put forth the effort to update and expand our list of recommendable kid picnic tables. Our team collects, edits and publishes new information, in order to present it to you in an accurate, significant and neatly arranged way.
Runner-ups: 9 Best Kid Picnic Table Alternatives
Table of Contents
Buying Guide for Kid Picnic Tables
1. The first thing you need to ask yourself when looking at options to buy a picnic table is what age range you are needing the picnic table for. This will limit what table you should be looking at. Do you have a large age gap that you are needing the picnic table for? (Maybe it is for grandkids, a daycare, or a school). Will it be for young children? If you have children around the ages of 18 months, there are only a few tables designed for that age. The first one would be the Little Tikes Easy Store Junior Picnic Table which was the first one listed. The recommended age range for this table is 18 months to 5 years. The specifications show that the max weight is 50 pounds, up to 4 children. The other table that is listed as being close to the 18 month range would be the Little Tikes Fold'n Store Picnic Table which has a manufacturer recommended age range of 2 to 8 years. The Costzon Easy Store Large Picnic Table does not have an age range listed, but it looks to be for younger children. I would guesstimate an age range of 2-6 years. Another one that does not have a listed age range is the Lifetime 280094 Kid's Picnic Table. Based on the pictures provided and the customer reviews, I would give this table any estimated age range of 2-8 years.
A majority of the picnic table options listed have an age range starting at 3 years old. These choices would be the Step2 Naturally Playful Picnic Table, Merry Garden Kids Wooden Picnic Bench, the Swing-N-Play Kids Wooden Picnic Bench and The Outdoor Table w/ Benches & Umbrella. If your focus age for children is between 3 and 8 years old, your choices would be the Step2 Naturally Playful Picnic Table, Merry Garden Kids Wooden Picnic Bench or the Swing-N-Play Kids Wooden Picnic Bench. Of these 3 choices, the only one that has a listed weight capacity would be the Step2 Naturally Playful Picnic Table which is listed as 300 pounds.
Now that we have talked about the options for younger children, let's look at the choices for older children. The White Foldable Children's Picnic Table has a manufacturer recommended age range of 6 to 12 years which makes this a great option for children in the mid range of age. It is designed to fit 4 to 6 children, and with a weight capacity of 600 pounds, this is very doable. Finally, we come to the picnic table that has the highest recommended age of 15 which is the Outdoor Table w/ Benches and Umbrella. As this table is listed from ages 3 to 15, the capacity varies depending on who is sitting on the table. You could tightly fit a total of about 6 three year olds, or about 2 fifteen year olds.
2. Now that you have figured out the age range that you are needing for your picnic table, you will need to consider the price. As far as cost is concerned, you could find a picnic table as low as $39.99 (the Costzon Easy Store Large Picnic Table) or up to $123 for the Little Tikes Fold 'n Store Picnic Table. The biggest factors that affects the prices are the amount of children it can hold, the inclusion of an umbrella and the manufacturer. The two most expensive picnic tables (Little Tikes Fold 'n Store Picnic Table and Step2 Naturally Playful Picnic Table with Umbrella) are from two of the most well known brands for kids items. They both include an umbrella and have the highest capacity for children which is between six and eight. The least expensive options, at $39.99 is the Costzon Easy Store Large Picnic Table. This one does happen to include an umbrella, but it is the smallest and designed for younger children.
3. When it comes to making a decision with an online product, one of the most helpful things you can do is to read the customer reviews. This will provide you with detailed information on real life experiences with the product. Keep in mind, some people will complain about anything so be sure to read the reviews with an objective and open mind. Overall, the average star rating is very useful to gauge where the product is with customer satisfaction. For these picnic tables, the highest reviews received 4.7 and 4.9 out of 5 stars. The Step2 Naturally Playful Picnic Table with Umbrella and the White foldable Children's Picnic Table both received 4.7 stars. The Lifetime 280094 Kid's Picnic Table received an astonishing 4.9 stars with 995 reviews.
Now that we have discussed the age range, the price, and the reviews, it is time for a decision. Let's use inspiration from our ratings in high school and take a look at the final comparison below:
1. Most likely to make your wallet happy (least expensive).
If you only need a picnic table for 2 or 3 small children, then you will likely want to go with the Costzon East Store Large Picnic Table. Between having one of the youngest age ranges starting at 2, the adorable bright colors, and the low price of $39.99 you are likely to enjoy this cost effective picnic table for your small children (don't forget this table also includes an umbrella).
2. Most likely to impress others (high end picnic table).
If you are looking for a picnic table that looks unique and can hold more children, then you will do well with choosing the Little Tikes Fold 'n Store Picnic Table with Market Umbrella. This picnic table has four sides instead of two so aside from looking cool, it will hold the most children of all the picnic tables we have reviewed. There is still an umbrella so you do not have to worry about needing a shady spot to keep it. This table will look great in any yard. At $123 it is the most expensive option, but will be worth it if you have more children you need it for.
3. Our final category is the Most likely to make everyone happy (best overall). If you want to make your wallet and spouse happy by not paying too much, while also getting good quality, then the Lifetime 280094 Kid's Picnic Table is the option for you. With the highest overall customer reviews, the durability factor, and the only table to have a listed warranty, this table will give you peace of mind. It may not be the best looking, but it makes up for that in price and convenience.
Top Rated Kid Picnic Tables
If you're looking into finding the best rated kid picnic table, you should probable check out the Step2 Naturally Playful Table. We looked at various sources of reviews and found this one to have the best mix between review count and average rating stars.
Often, going for the best price is a simple but good option. With a price of $59.99 (last checked on June 25, 2019), we do not list any other kid picnic table cheaper than the Little Tikes Easy Store Jr. Play Table. Just remember that it's not always the best option to go for the cheapest one.
The Kid Picnic Table with the Most Reviews
With at least 82 reviews and counting, the Step2 Naturally Playful Table might be another option to consider. This large amount of reviews signalizes that many people are using it, with most of them beeing satisfied.
It's quite rare that the saying "You get what you pay for" turns out incorrect. If you have the money on the sideline, feel free to choose the most expensive item from our list: The KidKraft 00 Outdoor Table currently sells for $192.99.
Most Clicked Kid Picnic Table
If you trust us and our users, feel free to check out the Lifetime 60229 Oval Table. Our statistics say that it is the most favorite Kid Picnic Table from the list above.
If you're still undecided, I would recommend that you go with the masses and choose the top selling kid picnic table: The AmazonBasics Indoor Table for currently View on Amazon (last checked on June 25, 2019).
That's it for now, please remember that this list is updated on a regular basis.
Kid Picnic Table Reviews
There are no reviews for Kid Picnic Table, yet.
Be the first to write one, or check for additional reviews in the next section below.