The 10 Best Lawn Sprinklers
Our Picks in Detail
If you have any questions regarding an item, please refer to our comments section for this article.
* Last update of prices was on 2019-01-17 09:54:26 via PA API. Prices or conditions may have changed in the meantime.
12 Best Lawn Sprinkler Alternatives
Lawn Sprinkler Buying Guide
2.The Melnor sprinkler is an easy to use metal osculating sprinkler. It is constructed with a sturdy and durable metal base that is clog resistant. The sprinkler can cover up to 3900 square feet. This sprinkler comes in at just under $30. This is a budget-friendly option for anyone looking for a durable sprinkler.
3. The Nelson sprinkler is a traveling sprinkler that can move up to 200 feet. This sprinkler can cover up to 13,500 square feet. The body is made from durable and long-lasting cast-iron that is chip-resistant. The sprinkler also has three different speeds. This sprinkler comes in just under $60. This is the perfect option for anyone who has a large lawn that needs to be watered. With the moving capabilities of this model, it's easy to cover larger spaces.
4. The Gardena sprinkler can cover up to 2,300 square feet. It is a compact oscillating sprinkler that can fit into small areas easily. It comes with 16 rubber nozzles that create even water distribution throughout your lawn. The large sled base creates a stable bottom for the sprinkler to ensure that it does not fall over or move. This sprinkler comes in just over $50. This is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a durable sprinkler that provides even coverage.
5. The Gilmour sprinkler is constructed from heavy duty die-cast metal to ensure durability and stability. This sprinkler can cover up to 5,800 square feet. There is an option to adjust the coverage from partial to full circle and the dials are easy to set to ensure that coverage is precise. There are spray settings so the buyer can control the amount and flow of water that will be sprayed on their lawn. This model comes in at just under $40. This is a good choice for anyone who is looking for a sprinkler to cover a larger area and one that is easy to customize to get the perfect watering for your lawn.
6. The Rainwave sprinkler comes with a timer so that your lawn is only given water when you want it. The timer is easy to use and easy to set. The jets are designed for even watering of your lawn. The sprinkler can reach up to 60 feet. This option comes in at just under $30. This is a great choice for anyone who wants to use a sprinkler and not have to worry about turning it off. If you have a busy lifestyle the preset timer will come in handy because you won't have to worry about remembering to turn off your system. This can save you money and save your lawn.
If you are looking to purchase a lawn sprinkler there are some things you need to keep in mind to make sure that you get a sprinkler that fits your needs. Keep these things in mind when you are shopping for you lawn sprinkler.
How big is your lawn? Some sprinklers are designed for larger areas and have a larger coverage reach. If you need a sprinkler that can cover a larger area you need to be careful when picking out your sprinkler. Make sure that you look at the reach of each sprinkler you look at before deciding on one in order to ensure that you get a sprinkler that meets your distance requirements.
Make sure that your sprinkler is durable. There are a lot of sprinklers that are flimsy and break easily. This is a huge frustration for buyers who find themselves constantly with a broken sprinkler. Some models break easier than others so make sure that you are buying a stable and durable model especially if you plan on using it a lot. Also, make sure that the sprinkler you buy has a stable bottom so that it does not fall over during use and potential damage your lawn.
Extra features. Some sprinklers come with special features like timers, speed setting, and different water effects. Think about the extra things you would like out of your sprinkler. Now, these extras can make the cost of the sprinkler go up but if they are important to you they might be worth it. Decide what you want and if it is worth it before determining a budget.
Find a budget-friendly option. There are tons of sprinklers out there and some can cost a few bucks while others can cost a lot. Now the larger area that they model covers the higher the cost will most likely be. But there are still budget friendly options for all lawn sizes that will meet your requirements. Set a reasonable budget before you go shopping and try to stick in that price range.
Remember these things when buying a sprinkler so that you can be sure to get the perfect sprinkler for you. Remember that each sprinkler is different and will provide you with different results so be sure to look carefully at the features and specifications of a sprinkler before you buy it.
More Research on Lawn Sprinklers
Lawn Sprinkler Related Video: How to Choose and Use Lawn Sprinklers - This Old House
This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook demonstrates how to water smartly with a lawn sprinkler. (See below for tools.) Click here to SUBSCRIBE to ...