The 9 Best Leaf Blowers
Our Picks in Detail
If you have any questions regarding an item, please refer to our comments section for this article.
* Last update of prices was on 2019-01-18 09:54:27 via PA API. Prices or conditions may have changed in the meantime.
9 Best Leaf Blower Alternatives
Leaf Blower Buying Guide
Fortunately, there are a few easy questions you can answer to narrow down your search parameters.
1. How often will you be using the leaf blower? Will you be using it only for yard upkeep, or will you be using it in your garden as well?
2. Do you want your leaf blower to be a multipurpose tool? Some come with vacuum and mulching capabilities, while others are designed just to blow leaves away.
3. How powerful do you need the leaf blower to be? Different leaf blowers have different air speeds and motor capabilities. If you have a lot of stubborn leaves in the backyard, you might want a more heavy duty leaf blower.
4. Do you need to have different speed capabilities? Some leaf blowers have several speed options, while others are one-speed-fits-all.
5. How do you want to fuel your leaf blower? Traditionally, leaf blowers are gas powered, but there are electric and turbine powered leaf blowers on the market as well.
6. What is your budget?The Toro 51617 Rake and Vac Leaf Blower Vacuum is a two speed leaf blower which can have air speeds of up to 210 miles per hour. It runs at a power level of 10.5 amps. This leaf blower comes with a quick release latch for easy conversion. It costs about fifty-six dollars. Other leaf blowers in this style with different speeds are also available for a variety of prices.
The Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Speed Electric Blower operates with a motor that reaches seven amps. It is specially designed to be lightweight and simple to use. This leaf blower has an air speed of up to 160 miles per hour, and features a safety cord lock to prevent the cord from disconnecting. This leaf blower costs about thirty dollars.
The Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vac is another high quality Toro leaf blower with a shiny red coat. It is designed with a new and larger metal impeller for easy mulching. The air speeds can reach up to 250 mph. Also included with the blower are a vacuum tube, power insert, bottom-zip bag, cord storage hook, and concentrator nozzle. This blower comes with a variable speed control and costs about seventy-five dollars.
The WORX TURBINE 12 Amp Corded Leaf Blower has a 12 amp motor that gets the job done. This blower utilizes turbine technology for air speeds up to twice as fast as those achieved using gas blowers. It has a variable speed control and can reach speeds of up to 110 mph. The nozzle is specially designed to fit a variety of outdoor needs. This leaf blower comes with a three year manufacturer warranty and costs about sixty dollars.
The Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc Handheld Leaf Blower has a taper nozzle and a motor which can blow air at up to 170 mph. This is a gas powered blower with a two-cycle engine. This blower comes with a seven year warranty for consumer use, two year warranty for commercial use, and one year warranty for rental use. It costs about one hundred and thirty dollars.
The WORX WG506 Corded Blower is another high quality WORX leaf blower. This blower has a sleek, modern black design. It comes with two speeds and the air blowing speed can reach up to 160 mph. The motor is 7.5 amps, and the blower has an efficient tube design for easier maneuverability. The assembly is simple and tool free. This leaf blower costs about thirty dollars.
The BLACK+DECKER LB700 7-Amp Corded Blower is a leaf blower with a bright orange finish. Its motor reaches 7 amps, and the wind speeds can reach up to 180 mph. Included is built-in cord retention to prevent interruptions. This leaf blower costs about forty dollars.
The Black & Decker BV6000 High Performance Blower/Vac/Mulcher is another high quality Black & Decker product. This differs from some of the other leaf blowers because of its multipurpose use. It can be used as a lawn vacuum and mulcher as well as a leaf blower. The motor reaches 12 amps, and the blower reaches speeds of 250 mph. There are two speed selections. Included is a disposable leaf bag system, and it's easy to change between the vacuum and blower settings. This product costs about seventy dollars.
If you're looking for a multipurpose home and garden tool, the Black & Decker BV6000 High Performance Blower/Vac/Mulcher is a good bet. If you want an especially high powered leaf blower, look for motors above 10 amps. If you want an effective gas powered leaf blower, the Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc Handheld Leaf Blower is recommendable. And if you're looking for something that utilizes turbine technology, give the WORX TURBINE 12 Amp Corded Leaf Blower a try.
More Research on Leaf Blowers
Leaf Blower Related Video: Leaf Blower Comparison Featuring Stihl & Redmax Backpacks
Check out the leaf blower competition with the Stihl BR600, BR550, and the Redmax EB7001. I run these three leaf blowers through a series of tests which ...