The 10 Best Lumbar Supports
Our Picks in Detail
If you have any questions regarding an item, please refer to our comments section for this article.
* Last update of prices was on 2019-01-20 09:58:59 via PA API. Prices or conditions may have changed in the meantime.
13 Best Lumbar Support Alternatives
Lumbar Support Buying Guide
1. Everlasting Memory Foam Lumbar Cushion
This memory foam pillow has a hypoallergenic 3D mesh cover allows airflow to reach your back to keep it cool and dry. Not only is this cushion comfortable to use but also it is great to use on a computer chair, wheelchair, airplane, and more. It comes with dual adjustable straps that are fixed firmly on the back of the seat to prevent the foam pillow from sliding around.
Furthermore, for added comfort, it’s made out of 100% pure memory foam with no additives. The ergonomic design mainly targets back pain, and with the universal curve design and dual straps. It’s intended to help reduce pain and improve posture and the alignment of your lumbar region.
2. BraceUP Stabilizing Lumbar Lower Back BraceThe BraceUP Stabilizing Back Support supplies relaxing support to your back. The unique curved design aids in reducing bunching and slipping. It also distributes extra lumbar support.
Not to mention, how the adjustable dual straps can be modified to fit the back of a chair and give added compression. Another feature that is equally important is the mesh panels which allows adequate airflow and releases excessive heat and moisture.
3. Ziraki Memory Foam Lumbar CushionThe Ziraki Lumbar Cushion improves and aligns your posture and aimed towards those individuals that are wheelchair bound. In fact, its custom design can benefit others that are required to sit in an office chair for extended periods of time or travel long distances in their car as well.
It’s designed to soothe the tired muscles of an aching back while providing added support that contours to your spine. The added comfort not only supports your back but also protects you from sitting in a bad position. It offers convenient carrying handles so you can take it with you wherever you go.
4. Mueller 255 Lumbar Support Back Brace
The Mueller 255 premium back brace helps to alleviate lower back pain associated with muscle spasms, strains, and sprains. It offers extra firmness from flexible steel supports that run right along the spine with internal molded plastic components that prevent the brace from bunching or rolling.
But that’s not all; the double layer design provides a customized fit and adjustable compression to the lower back and abdomen. It offers a strong lumbar support with outer elastic straps.
5. Duro-Med Relax-A-Bac, Lumbar Cushion
The Duro-Med Relax-A-Bac, Lumbar Cushion eases the lower back pain that is caused by injuries, posture, arthritis, and more. Its orthopedic foam allows it to keep the shape and is designed to decrease slouching and keep the lower back in proper alignment.
The Duro-Med comes with a wooden lumbar support board that can be inserted for added back support. This product is recommended by Physical Therapists, Healthcare Professionals, and Chiropractors to relieve and stop lower back pain. It’s ideal for the office, at home, or traveling in a car or airplane.
6. ComfyMed Premium Quality Back Brace CM-102M:The ComfyMed Premium is a lumbar back support for when you are on the move and need the extra pressure relief to avoid injuries to the back. It doesn’t roll, slip, scratch, or bunch up and has an adamant support. The innovative design provides a removable lumbar pad, superior comfort, and durable.
It is easy to move around in when you are lifting, gardening, exercising, cleaning, fishing, or playing golf. The unique therapeutic warmth that it gives soothes your back as you move. It elevates pain that is associated with Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteoporosis, Nerve Injuries, Muscle Spasms, Sciatic, and Scoliosis. It helps you to continue your regular activities with less or no pain. Figuratively speaking you may feel like you got your life back.
7. Sweet Relief 100% Pure Memory Foam Back Cushion
The Sweet Relief ergonomically designed orthopedic lumbar support pillow improves and keeps the natural curvature of the spine. It also helps with sciatic nerve pain and other related back pain.
The unique design immediately eases lower back pain and improves posture. Professionals recommend this product to their patients for keeping the lower back into alignment and reduce strain and stress. It is lightweight enough to take it with you wherever you go.
8. Therm-a-Rest Lumbar PillowThe pressure mapping technology of this lumbar pillow features die-cut foam that goes right down the center to decrease pressure along the spine. Not to mention, how it maintains density on both sides for solid lateral support. The self-inflating one handed mechanism allows added support when you may need it most.
Lumbar Supports Shopping Guide
The benefits of a high-quality lumbar support cushion or brace are undeniable beneficial to the pressure of the spine. Many of us struggle with back pain that can undoubtedly be prevented with the proper back support. As human nature would have it, we all tend to slouch when sitting but through time it can take a toll on our body causing bad posture and added pain.
Not to mention how it eventually becomes a habit over time. But sadly, slouching also can have an effect on the lumbar causing it to bend outward. When shopping for the right back support, it is important to consider the durability of support that it provides.
Some even have inflatable adjustable support to customize to your spine. It’s equally important to be sure that it has adjustable straps to connect to a chair to prevent it from moving around. When the lumbar support stays in place, it will benefit you more and be comfortable to use.
From the recommendable list above, they all are great products that can alleviate back pain. However, I would like to recommend that the Duro-Med Relax-A-Bac, Lumbar Cushion because there are well over 3,000 positive reviews on this product. Many individuals that have used this product stated that it has helped them to relieve pressure on their back during long distance driving, sciatica, herniated discs, and more.
Another positive review mentioned they used it for 13 hours and it did an excellent job keeping their back comfortable and without pain. For those that are on a low budget don’t worry this fabulous product falls in the low price range.
More Research on Lumbar Supports
Lumbar Support Related Video: How to Use Lumbar Supports
Minor lower back injuries can occur during many physical activities. Learn how to treat lower back injuries and stay fit in this sports medicine video.