The 10 Best Medicine Cabinets
Our Picks in Detail
If you have any questions regarding an item, please refer to our comments section for this article.
* Last update of prices was on 2019-01-20 09:20:24 via PA API. Prices or conditions may have changed in the meantime.
13 Best Medicine Cabinet Alternatives
Medicine Cabinet Buying Guide
2. The Kohler model measures in at 20 by 26 by 5. There are two adjustable tempered glass shelves and a mirrored door ideal for over the sink hanging. This model comes with the equipment for mounting the cabinet for surface or recessed installation. This cabinet comes in just above the $100 mark. This is perfect for someone who wants an easy to install cabinet that is ideal for over the sink hanging.
3. The HomCom cabinet is a stainless steel cabinet, that unlike the other models, is a double door mirrored cabinet. This frameless model offers the buyer a sleek storage unit equipt with 3 level of shelving. It is a simple assembly and comes with all the equipment needs to assemble and mount. This unit comes in just under $100. This is the perfect cabinet for someone looking for a sleek cabinet that is a little different from all the other mirrored for cabinet options.
4. The Jensen Cabinet is a surface-mounted installation model that is one of the more affordable high-quality cabinets on the market. This wood-framed mirrored single-door cabinet is different from the other models due to its espresso wood framing. This 15 by 19inch traditional medicine cabinet that offers buyers all the storage they need for around $85. If you are in need of an affordable traditional option this is the cabinet fo you.
5. This Kohler model is a 24 by 30inch magnifying mirror medicine cabinet. The mirror feature is perfect for anyone who needs a closer look at their face for any personal grooming needs. The inside of the cabinet is equipt with three tempered glass shelves that give the user plenty of storage for all their personal needs. The cabinet comes fully equipt with mounting hardware for both recessed or surface installation. This is a more expensive model, coming in at over $350, but for someone looking for a higher end, sleek, multi-featured medicine cabinet, it is the right choice.
6. This Elegant Home cabinet is 20 by 24 inches and comes with one shelf and three cubbyholes to ensure the buyer has plenty of storage. The mirrored door is framed in white wood and gives the medicine cabinet and unique look that is perfect for anyone looking to add a little flare into their cabinet.
Buying a medicine cabinet is a harder decision than one might imagine. There are many factors that go into deciding what type of cabinet you want and need. The first thing to consider is the budget you have. Medicine cabinets can range from a low to really high. Higher-priced options don't necessarily mean better but sometimes they come with special features that might be important to the buyer. When you decide what you want to spend on the medicine cabinet you can begin to look for cabinets that meet your other criteria in that price range.
Another thing to consider is the style you want. Do you want a traditional medicine cabinet or a more modern sleek one? There are many styles of medicine cabinets out there that can meet your decor needs. Medicine cabinets can be framed in wood, metal, or be completely consisted of mirror. There are many styles out there to fit into your bathroom's decor.
Besides style, another important factor is the amount of storage you need. Some cabinets come with inside an outside storage and different models offer deeper storage that you might need to store bigger items.
Keep in mind that if you are replacing an old medicine cabinet the holes might need to be enlarged or made smaller when installing the new unit. If you are putting in a new unit where one never was before you need to make sure that there is no piping or wiring in the area you want to install.
Next is what type of mounting do you want or need. A recessed medicine cabinet is one that is mounted flush to the wall. This type of mounting can save bathroom space which is perfect for people dealing with a limited space. Another mounting option is surface-mount. This option is ideal for someone who likes the features and looks of a certain medicine cabinet. This type of installation is usually an easy job but will take up more space in your bathroom because the cabinet will protrude out from the wall.
Keep these things in mind when buying a medicine cabinet. It is important not only to know what you want but to know what you need. When you figure out exactly what you want and need deciding on a cabinet option should be an easy stress-free choice.
More Research on Medicine Cabinets
Medicine Cabinet Related Video: How to Build Medicine Cabinets
Disclaimer*** This is not how I usually do videos... I was in a rush and didn't want to spend too much time editing, so I decided on a different approach. Thanks to ...