The Best Portable Grill
To help you find the perfect portable grill, we continuously put forth the effort to update and expand our list of recommendable portable grills. Our team collects, edits and publishes new information, in order to present it to you in an accurate, significant and neatly arranged way.
Runner-ups: 10 Best Portable Grill Alternatives
Table of Contents
Buying Guide for Portable Grills
Weber Go Anywhere
Individuals who love hosting outdoor gatherings often have opinions about the kind of backyard grills that will keep mouths watering. Satisfying taste buds on the road requires choosing the right portable grill. What makes portable grills exceptional is that they pack basic functionalities into a compact unit. Even better is that a more affordable price and a shrunken size doesn’t always equate to poor quality, as some homeowners would think.
How to choose a portable grill
With the number of variations on the market, choosing a portable grill isn’t the easiest task. There are huge monsters that have wheels and then there are small disposable units designed for picnics. And did I mention the price ranges? Some models that make great sausages can be purchased for only $50 while others are as expensive as $500. So what should you consider when looking for a portable grill? Here are a few ideas.
Portable grills are broadly categorized into two depending on how they are fueled i.e. gas and charcoal. Gas grills are ideal for individuals who don’t mind spending more convenience. They are easier to fire up and don’t require a lot of cleaning. Charcoal grills, on the other hand, are preferred for the smoky taste that they render.
Size and shape
From rectangular to barrel-shaped models, portable grills are available in a vast number of shapes to sizes. While most of them are small enough to fit in tight spaces, it’s always advisable that you use measurements of the available space and use them to guide your purchase. Cooking space is another aspect that’s affected by size. Many portable grills offer a cooking space of 150-250 square inches. Consider purchasing something with a larger cooking space if you need to make more food and faster.
Just how much weight are you willing to carry to the car or picnic site? They may be referred to as portable grills, but these bad boys can weigh anything from 10 to 35 pounds. Such weight can have a significant effect on the portability of a grill. Keep in mind that weight and size don’t always correspond and as such, it is likely that you will end up with a large and lightweight model or a small and heavy grill. The choice is yours.
Best portable grills reviewed
2. Lodge L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal GrillThe L410 Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill is a hibachi-style portable model that is constructed with pre-seasoned cast iron. It offers adjustable heights for the cast iron grates, flip down door that makes it easy to access the coals as well as draft door that allows for sufficient air flow. At 23 pounds, it is considerably lighter that the Weber grill above. It is built in the United States for durability and you can rest assured that it will serve you for a long time. The coal gray slides out for easy ash disposal while the food tastes great. Not many customers are happy with rust forming on the grate but that’s the nature of the material. spraying cooking oil on it helps keep the rust at bay.
3. Cuisinart CGG-200 All Foods Tabletop GrillThe Cuisinart CGG-200 is your best bet if you are looking for a portable gas grill with more heating power. It is powered by 1200o BTUs and uses a twist-start ignition. The burner, handle and lid are all made from stainless steel while the grill is constructed using cast iron and coated with porcelain for improved rust resistance. The grill features a modular, interchangeable surface that offers ample cooking area. Other notable features include a temperature gauge and folding side shelves. Like most gas grills, the propane tank isn’t included with the purchase. Our concerns include difficulties reaching customer service as well as loss of temperatures when converted to a 20lb tank.
4. Weber Smoky Joe Silver/Gold
The Weber Smoky Joe is an excellent portable grill that uses charcoal fuel. Its design resembles that of a kettle and features aluminum dampers in the bowl as well as lid. This allows for efficient air flow, hence even heat distribution. Both the drum and lid are constructed with porcelain enameled steel, a material known for rust resistance. The grate has a diameter of 14.5 inches and is triple nickel plated. A dome-style lid further improves even heat distribution while a glass-reinforced handle makes for easy lifting. The unit comes with a 31-page barbecue recipe guide and an ash catcher tray.
5. Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel Tabletop Gas GrillIt’s not easy to find a portable charcoal grill that offers more than 8000 BTUs of heating, but the Smoke Hollow 205 has a heating capacity of 10,000 BTUs. It has a cooking surface of 305 square inches, which allows for convection between pieces of meat. Another property that makes this charcoal grill exceptional is the foldable legs which allow for easy transportation. The hood locks for storage and transportation while the warming rack and grease tray are both removable, hence easy cleanup. With the level of convenience and portability that this model offers, it’s easy to see why it’s popular among hikers, campers and tailgating trips.
6. Weber Go AnywhereThere are two main features that make the Weber Go Anywhere an exceptional gas grill for hosting a cookout, camping or tailgating. The first is its sturdy legs that pivot over the lid and snap securely for easy transportation. Its compact rectangular shape is a favorite feature for many as it means that the grill can fit in tight spaces. Also featured is a triple nickel plated grate that provides a cooking surface of 160 square inches, which is significantly smaller than what other models on this list offer. The porcelain enameled steel goes a long way towards increasing rust resistance while the dual dampers at the bottom allow for efficient air flow, hence even heat distribution. The grill has built-in hangers for draft protection and only weighs 14 pounds.
Top Rated Portable Grills
If you're looking into finding the best rated portable grill, you should probable check out the Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill. We looked at various sources of reviews and found this one to have the best mix between review count and average rating stars.
Often, going for the best price is a simple but good option. With a price of $54.99 (last checked on November 22, 2019), we do not list any other portable grill cheaper than the Weber 121020 Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill. Just remember that it's not always the best option to go for the cheapest one.
The Portable Grill with the Most Reviews
With at least 1382 reviews and counting, the Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow PT300B Propane Grill might be another option to consider. This large amount of reviews signalizes that many people are using it, with most of them beeing satisfied.
It's quite rare that the saying "You get what you pay for" turns out incorrect. If you have the money on the sideline, feel free to choose the most expensive item from our list: The Coleman (HUD Warehouse) Coleman Gas Grill currently sells for $249.08.
Most Clicked Portable Grill
If you trust us and our users, feel free to check out the Blackstone Table Top Grill. Our statistics say that it is the most favorite Portable Grill from the list above.
If you're still undecided, I would recommend that you go with the masses and choose the top selling portable grill: The Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill for currently View on Amazon (last checked on November 22, 2019).
That's it for now, please remember that this list is updated on a regular basis.
Portable Grill Reviews
There are no reviews for Portable Grill, yet.
Be the first to write one, or check for additional reviews in the next section below.
Share your opinion on Portable Grill
#portablegrill on Instagram
Further Reading on Portable Grills
Do Your Own Research
grill top, stand (optional), charcoal, starter sheet, ignition fluid. Confusion may arise between disposable grills and portable grills. Portable barbecue
kitchen accessories. Jackson Grills carries three lines of specialty grills, ranging in size from small portable grills to freestanding and built-in barbecues
This invention relates to a new and novel portable grill. More particularly, this invention relates to a new and novel portable grill having two fuel pans; mechanism for supportingly connecting the fuel pans together and alternately permitting them to be folded in a kit, mount …
These together with other objects and advantages which will become subsequently apparent reside in the details of construction and operation as more fully here inafter described and claimed, reference being had to the accompanying drawings forming a part …
Portable gas grills have become very popular as outdoor cooking devices, and usually consist of a cart supported on wheels and has a cooking vessel supported thereon. The cooking vessel usually has gas burners in the lower portion of the vessel with a grid structure above the gas …