The Best Portable Scanners
To help you find the perfect portable scanner, we continuously put forth the effort to update and expand our list of recommendable portable scanners. Our team collects, edits and publishes new information, in order to present it to you in an accurate, significant and neatly arranged way.
Runner-ups: 10 Best Portable Scanner Alternatives
Table of Contents
Buying Guide for Portable Scanners
2.The VuPoint model is a small compact scanner that scans documents and converts them into JPEG or PDF files directly onto your computer. This model does not require users to have a computer because the scanner can scan items directly to your smartphone and tablet using the mobile app. This is the perfect scanner for someone who wants to do something on the go and doesn't have a computer or laptop with them. This model is just under $100 making it a more affordable portable scanner option.
3. The Fujitsu model is an advanced scanner with the capabilities of scanning 12 double sided pages each minute. Documents can be scanned and stored to a number of different storage accounts and there is a one-touch PDF creation option. This scanner is perfect for anyone who scans a lot of documents and needs an accurate color transfer. This model runs over $200 but is worth the price for anyone who needs a scanner for professional or everyday uses.
4. Pandigital offers an option that is more affordable than most. This portable wand scanner can scan photos, documents, and other papers and store them in high-resolution files. You have the option to scan the documents to your computer or to your smartphone and tablet using by using the scanners conveniently built-in Wi-Fi. This model runs under $50 and is perfect for the person looking for a scanner that won't break the bank.
5. The Doxie Go Plus has the capability of scanning pages in 8 seconds. Making it one of the fastest portable scanners on the market. This portable comes with a built-in rechargeable battery and an internal memory which means users can store 450 pages of information before syncing it to their device. This scanner will store information into PDF's. This portable scanner runs around $240 and is perfect for someone who is looking for a high quality and small portable scanner.
6. Avision offers another budget friendly option for people looking for a portable scanner. This model is a portable scanner for photos, and is ideal for someone who is looking for a portable scanner just for photo scanning. The photos scanned are saved into a JPG and has an auto-crop function. This model runs just over $30 and is perfect for the person looking for a portable photo scanner.
7. Another handheld option, the TaoTronics portable scanner is another budget-friendly option for anyone looking to scan documents on the go. With this scanner, all documents can be saved directly to and SD card. This model also comes with Optical Character Recognition software so editing and converting your scanned documents is easy. This model comes in just under $60.
If you are in the market for a portable scanner there are some things you must keep in mind before buying one. Not every portable scanner will fit your needs so it is important to know exactly what you need from a scanner before buying one. One thing to keep in mind when buying a portable scanner is what will it be used for. Are you looking to just scan photos? Or will you be scanning documents, receipts, and other files? The type of things you will be scanning will effect what scanner you should buy. Some scanners are designed just to scan photos and others are equipt to scan both. Another factor to keep in mind is the quantity of items you will be scanning. If you are using the scanner in a professional setting, like for a job, it might be important for you to buy a scanner that has a fast scan time. Some scanners take longer than others and knowing which ones scan fast can save you valuable time in the future.
In today's world, everyone is connected all the time, and some people might need a scanner that can stay connected too. Some scanners have a built-in Wi-Fi making it easy to scan documents on the go and directly to your smartphone and tablet. Keep this in mind if you travel a lot and think that this feature might come in handy for you. You should also look into how the scanner saves your scanned documents. Some scanners save things into files and others will save them to a storage account. Finally, make sure that the scanner is compatible with your computer. Most scanners today are compatible with Mac and PC, but double checking never hurt anybody.
Remember to keep in mind these important factors when deciding on what portable scanner is right for you. With all the options out there, there will be a scanner that meets all your personal needs.
Top Rated Portable Scanners
If you're looking into finding the best rated portable scanner, you should probable check out the Epson Workforce ES-50 Sheet-fed Document Scanner. We looked at various sources of reviews and found this one to have the best mix between review count and average rating stars.
Often, going for the best price is a simple but good option. With a price of $52.60 (last checked on June 20, 2019), we do not list any other portable scanner cheaper than the 16GB MicroSD Card Handheld Document Scanner. Just remember that it's not always the best option to go for the cheapest one.
The Portable Scanner with the Most Reviews
With at least 750 reviews and counting, the Epson WorkForce DS-30 Document & Image Scanner might be another option to consider. This large amount of reviews signalizes that many people are using it, with most of them beeing satisfied.
It's quite rare that the saying "You get what you pay for" turns out incorrect. If you have the money on the sideline, feel free to choose the most expensive item from our list: The Brother Wireless Compact Desktop Scanner currently sells for $243.99.
Most Clicked Portable Scanner
If you trust us and our users, feel free to check out the VuPoint Solutions Magic Wand Scanner. Our statistics say that it is the most favorite Portable Scanner from the list above.
If you're still undecided, I would recommend that you go with the masses and choose the top selling portable scanner: The VuPoint Solutions Magic Wand Scanner for currently View on Amazon (last checked on June 20, 2019).
That's it for now, please remember that this list is updated on a regular basis.
Portable Scanner Reviews
There are no reviews for Portable Scanner, yet.
Be the first to write one, or check for additional reviews in the next section below.
Share your opinion on Portable Scanner
#portablescanner on Instagram
Further Reading on Portable Scanners
Do Your Own Research
S1100i ScanSnap S1300i ScanSnap SV600 ScanSnap iX1500 ScanSnap S300, portable scanner, 10 sheet ADF, 600x600dpi optical, 8 to 0.5 pages per minute depending
A scanning head includes a keyboard and a display respectively mounted at rear and front regions of the head. An outgoing laser beam exits a window positioned between the keyboard and the display, and travels over the display. A transceiver and a printer are also …
A hands free radio frequency terminal is worn on the body of the user. Components comprised of bar code scanner, key pads for communicating with a computer and LCD/LED display are attached to a sleeve device detachably worn on the forearm, and includes a …
Hand-held image scanner apparatus may comprise a body having first and second side walls positioned in spaced-apart relation so that the second side wall is located a spaced distance from the first side wall. The body also includes a convex face portion that extends …