The 10 Best Projection Clocks
Our Picks in Detail
If you have any questions regarding an item, please refer to our comments section for this article.
* Last update of prices was on 2019-01-17 09:41:16 via PA API. Prices or conditions may have changed in the meantime.
12 Best Projection Clock Alternatives
Projection Clock Buying Guide
Best Ways to Utilize a Projection ClockProjection clocks can be used in a variety of ways, but the three top ways are for children’s rooms, as a design piece, or as a space saver.
Projection clocks can add a little fun when a child is learning to tell the time. Some models have LED lights that change colors that can be used to teach the different colors, also. A projection clock can also provide light for those children afraid of the dark.
A projection clock can be projected anywhere in the room adding a new design piece. The clock’s numbers come in a variety of colors to add to the décor of any room. It is also an easy way to change the color design in a room, and it does not take a lot to install a projection clock.
In a small studio apartment, a projection clock can be placed in a high corner or low corner to save space. The projection can be on any solid surface, so a person does not necessarily have to see the clock to know the time. He or she only has to be able to see the projection.
What to Look for in a Projection ClockA variety of projection clocks is available. Before purchasing a clock, an individual needs to view the following:
- Projection clocks come in analog or digital. If the clock will frequently be used for telling time, a digital clock is easier to read. If the clock is to add to the design of a room, an analog clock would be better.
- Projection clocks have various functions and design features. When choosing a timepiece, make sure it is suitable for the desired space. A child’s room clock would have different features than a living room clock.
- Adjustable focus is a critical feature when purchasing a projection clock. Some types do not have adjustment wheels. With a digital projection, a lack of a wheel may not be as significant as an analog projection.
- Another feature to look for when purchasing a clock is the number clarity. The projection needs to be clear and easy to read when a person is half asleep.
- Depending on where the clock is placed, projector distance may be an issued. If the clock is going to be used in a top corner of a room, a projection needs to be able to reach a stable surface such as another wall.
- Sometimes the base of a projection clock can give off light. This light can be annoying or distracting. It is best to choose a clock that has a solid base, so no extra light is given off.
- A radio comes with some models. If this is an important feature to the buyer, the antenna and speakers should be excellent to produce the best quality of music.
- If a person’s eyesight is not 20/20, number size can be a serious issue. The clock’s specifications should be written on the box or can be found online. A person should look at the projection size of the numbers to ensure they will be large enough.
- A projection clock should come with a dimming feature to create the exact amount of light for the individual. It should also have a swivel feature to make adjusting the projection easier.
- Battery backup is a must for when the electricity goes out, and a person still needs to make it to work on time.
- A projection clock should also be easy to use. When a person wakes up in the morning, he or she does not want to struggle to turn off the alarm. Setting the alarm and radio should also be easy to prevent frustration or the wrong time for the alarm setting.
- A person should also be able to customize the projection clock to his or her preferences.
One of the most important things to remember is to choose a clock that fits the needs of the person who will be using it. Projections clocks come in a variety of designs with a range of features, so it should be easy to find the perfect one.
More Research on Projection Clocks
Projection Clock Related Video: Coolest Clock Turns Walls into Projection Clocks
Coolest Clock is a wall-mountable RBG LED projection system that displays a 16:9 aspect ratio image of information. The clock uses a smart phone application ...