The Best Seniors Bed Rail
To help you find the perfect seniors bed rail, we continuously put forth the effort to update and expand our list of recommendable seniors bed rails. Our team collects, edits and publishes new information, in order to present it to you in an accurate, significant and neatly arranged way.
8 Seniors Bed Rail Alternatives
Table of Contents
For you to purchase the most appropriate bed rail for use by a senior, you need to consider several issues. For instance, you must understand that the bed rails come with different specialties and areas of use. As such, the rails used at home may not be appropriate for use in a hospital. Some are adapted to be mobile while others are fixed on a bed. You, therefore, need an explicit buying guide to direct you to purchase the most suitable rail for seniors.
Functions of a safety bed rail for seniors
The bed rails perform the following important roles for seniors:
- They prevent elderly or physically impaired seniors from falling out of the bed. This is done in various hospitals, hospices, and homes.
- The rails offer support to patients, seniors, and other physically challenged persons when getting on the bed. The bed rails also help the users when they are moving out of the bed.
- They offer support to patients, seniors, and other physically challenged persons when adjusting their sleeping or lying positions in bed.
- They enhance the ease of movement from one place to another. When an adult who is in a wheelchair, had a recent surgery, or is suffering from a physical impairment wishes to move, he or she can use the bed rails. The rails will support the patient when he or she intends to move from a wheelchair to a bed, to a seat, or any other position.
Features to consider when purchasing bed rails for seniors
If you are planning to shop for a bed rails for an adult, there are some features that you need to think about before making a choice. Some of the main considerations that you need to make include:
- The length of the bed rail - when shopping around for seniors’ bed rails; you should pay keen attention to the lengths of various products in the market. Some of the rails are delivered in full length while others are delivered in half-length. You should select the bed rails that fit your needs or the needs of your loved one best. Adjustable bed rails are the best selection if you do not wish to purchase a different rail every time you relocate.
- The use or purpose of the bed rail: As you purchase a bed rail for a senior, the purpose it shall serve need to be considered. Some are suitable for ensuring that the senior person does not fall out of the bed. Other bed rails ensure that there is minimal head tossing while some are appropriate for getting onto and out of bed. Finally, we have those bed rails that are suitable for both situations.
- Accessories that come with bed rails: In the market, some shops will give bolster pads and rail gap wedges. These accessories are designed to improve the safety of the adult or patient on the bed. Bolster pads prevent rolling while gap wedges tame falling off the bed. Availability of these additional accessories should be considered when purchasing a bed rail.
- Security: the installation of bed rails is crucial in the safety of the senior. Secure bed rails should be installed on both sides of the bed. This minimizes the risk of falling off the bed. One sided bed rails, on the other hand, may be appropriate in some hospitals and specific instances.
- The size of the bed: Before you head to shop for a bed rail, you should take the bed measurements for consideration during the purchase. This way, there will be fewer disappointments regarding undersized or oversized bed rails.
- Portability: you should purchase bed rails that can be easily carried from one place to another for use. Collapsible bed rails are the best since it is easy to store them or move them around. If you purchase fixed rails, they might prove to be too bulky and space consuming.
- The type of bed to be used: If you are using an adjustable bed, a specific bed rail is appropriate for use. There are other types of beds to consider including a hospital bed, a spring bed, and a mattress bed. Beds that have their box springs removed are inappropriate for use with bed rails.
Best Product for high-end customers
The Stander EZ Adjust and Pivoting Home Bed Rail
This product gives the user a satisfaction and safety assurance when using it. It is efficient regarding organization, versatility, and stability. The Stander EZ Adjust and Pivoting bed rail is adjustable and measures 25 by 34 by 42 inches. It is made from bamboo board bed cane and folds in half for portability.
Regarding its function, the Stander EZ Adjust and Pivoting bed rail can be used on the bed and as a handrail. It is the only bed rail whose length is adjustable once it has been installed. It features a weight capacity of 300 lbs. To install the bed rails, you have to slide the base tubes found between the mattress and the box spring. It also has a pocket pouch for carrying personal items as you move along.
- It has a strapping unit to provide safety traps in case of a fall
- It increases sleep safety
- It folds down one way to allow users to move with ease
- It can be used both as a bed rail and a hand support
- It is quite costly for those who may not have much money
- It has a 300lbs weight limit
The product costs $99
Best product for low-end buyers
The Drive Medical Adjustable Height Home Assist Handle
This product is ideal for low-end customers since it is affordable. It is a simple to use bed rail that comes with three tools that have to be assembled before use. For stability purposes, the product has a non-slip foam on its base to ensure patients or seniors do not slip and fall. It has rail dimensions of 32.75 inches in length and 19.75 inches in width. The product weighs 250 lbs.
- It is simple to use
- No tools required
- It is highly portable and lightweight
- It can be folded in two
- It must be at least 16 inches from the ground
The product costs $28.48 with free shipping.
Best product for all-rounder buyers
The Stander Home Safety Bed Rail
This product is 30 inches long and has several features that make it suitable for most seniors. Its length, for instance, ensures that people do not fall off from the beds. It weighs 300lbs and can attach to most beds at home or even at the hospital. The product comes with a padded storage pouch that allow users to carry with them some essentials and a safety strap that prevents people from falling.
- It has a safety strap to prevent falls
- It is adjustable
- It can be installed on both sides of the bed
- It has to be used on beds that are at least 15 inches off the ground
This product costs $91.58.
Bed rails help seniors, kids, and people recovering from illness in many ways. If you need one, there are factors to consider before purchasing one. Such factors include the product’s price, your bed size, how you intend to use it, and its portability, among other aspects. To get the best product, it is advisable to consider all the factors before making a final decision.
Top Rated Seniors Bed Rails
If you're looking into finding the best rated seniors bed rail, you should probable check out the Essential Medical Supply Height Adjustable Hand Rail. We looked at various sources of reviews and found this one to have the best mix between review count and average rating stars.
The Lowest Price We Could Find
Often, going for the best price is a simple but good option. With a price of $35.07 (last checked this morning), we do not list any other seniors bed rail cheaper than the Medline Assist bar With Storage Pocket. Just remember that it's not always the best option to go for the cheapest one.
The Seniors Bed Rail With the Most Reviews
With at least 1158 reviews and counting, the Standers Stander EZ Adjust Rail might be another option to consider. This large amount of reviews signalizes that many people are using it, with most of them beeing satisfied.
The Seniors Bed Rail With the Most Clicks
If you trust us and our users, feel free to check out the Stander BedCane, Adult Rail. Our statistics say that it is the most favorite Seniors Bed Rail from the list above.
If you're still undecided, I would recommend that you go with the masses and choose the top selling seniors bed rail: The MYBOW Rails is the hottest bestseller in this category right now.
Seniors Bed Rail Reviews
Further Reading on Seniors Bed Rails
About this Article
It was last updated on 2021-01-22 08:13:02 and has been viewed 2820 times.