The Best Storage Shed
To help you find the perfect storage shed, we continuously put forth the effort to update and expand our list of recommendable storage sheds. Our team collects, edits and publishes new information, in order to present it to you in an accurate, significant and neatly arranged way.
Runner-ups: 10 Best Storage Shed Alternatives
Table of Contents
Buying Guide for Storage Sheds
Storage Shed Buying Guide
Storage sheds make life easy for a homeowner seeking added storage space for tools, garden equipment, lawn mowers, motorcycles, lawn decorations, and more. Many storage sheds are available for purchase, although a bit of research goes a long way in the happiness you feel after the purchase. When you research the storage sheds available, you'll know exactly which model is suited to your needs and budget.
Storage Shed Material
The material chosen for your storage shed affects its durability, longevity, and cost. Sheds are available in several materials, each offering its own pros and cons. affects the durability, sustainability, and lifetime of the shed. The material chosen is another shed material selected.
Aluminum and galvanized steel metal storage sheds are popular material choices for homeowners seeking a great-looking, long-lasting unit. These sheds are coated with enamel finish that further enhances their quality, preventing rust and scratches. The shed last years without the need for maintenance, and with the numerous colors and designs, there's a style made for every taste.
The wood shed is popular because of its amazing appearance. These sheds look and feel more like a miniature house than a storage building. Constructed of solid lumber framing, the numerous designs and styles make them a lot of fun for anyone needing a great storage shed.
With double-wall vinyl panels, Vinyl Sheds are popular since they are resistant to dents and more affordable than the metal sheds. Some Vinyl sheds come with doors that you can paint for a customized look. Steel doors for added reinforcement and security is available for this shed type. Vinyl sheds are strong, able to withstand many weather conditions, and offer maintenance -free use for many years.
Storage Shed Sizes
What do you plan to use the shed for? How much space is available in the location of shed placement? Storage sheds in small, medium, and large sizes is available. Understand your needs before selecting a storage shed size.
Small Storage Sheds
Small storage sheds are under 80 square foot in size. This shed size is great for hanging hand tools, push lawn mowers, garden supplies, and miscellaneous items.
Medium Storage Sheds
A medium storage shed is 90 square feet – 120 square foot. These sheds can hold larger items, including riding lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc.
Large Storage Sheds
Large storage sheds measure 144 square foot to 288 square foot, with larger options also available. These sheds can hold most anything that you want to put in an outdoor shed, from lawn equipment to RVs, to work tools, and more. These sheds can even be used into a workspace or hobby shop.
Storage Shed Style
Cosmetic considerations may seem miniscule when purchasing your storage shed, but the truth is, purchasing a shed that is appealing to the eye is far more fun and exciting! Styles of storage sheds available include:
- Barn-Style Sheds: Shed buyers in rural, farm settings love the barn-style shed. Many different barn styles exist, and while they're not suitable for keeping animals, their appearance says otherwise.
- Dormer-Style Shed: The peaked roof, Victorian-style storage shed is elegant, quickly adding curb appeal to your space.
- Gable-Style Sheds: The Gable-style shed is one of the most popular styles sold. It is a popular style because the sloped roof that resembles that atop a home.
- Quaker-Style Shed: In the Northeast U.S., the Quaker style home is very popular. This shed is designed to resemble this home style, which has a roof that extends longer in the back and short front sides.
Additional Storage Shed Buying Considerations
Several other factors are important to consider when buying a storage shed.
- Cost: Some sheds cost as little as $100, while others cost well into the thousands of dollars. Set a budget for your storage shed before starting your search, and stick to that amount! Many brands, styles, and sizes of shed are out there. Compare your options to find the shed that suits your needs, and your budget.
- Warranty: A warranty is a nice piece of reassurance in your purchase. Should your shed become damaged or destroyed, the warranty replaces the product at no additional cost to you. Most sheds include a warranty of at least one year, but some with warranties much longer. Check out the warranty offered with the storage shed before purchase.
- Reputation: The product reputation is an essential consideration before storage shed purchase. Others with firsthand experience using the shed can tell you the good; the bad, and the ugly, making it much easier to decide if the product is worth your purchase.
- Accessories: Ramps are a necessity should you plan to roll lawn mowers and other similar items in and out of your storage shed. Many ramps are available for installation on a storage shed. But, the ramp is only one of many accessories you'll need to enhance your shed. Check out the awesome accessories available, including skylights, windows, shelves, benches, and cabinetry, when enhancing your storage shed is important.
Top Rated Storage Sheds
If you're looking into finding the best rated storage shed, you should probable check out the "Suncast 6 ' x 3' Everett Shed. We looked at various sources of reviews and found this one to have the best mix between review count and average rating stars.
Often, going for the best price is a simple but good option. With a price of $201.59 (last checked on July 16, 2019), we do not list any other storage shed cheaper than the Rubbermaid Horizontal Shed. Just remember that it's not always the best option to go for the cheapest one.
The Storage Shed with the Most Reviews
With at least 952 reviews and counting, the Rubbermaid Horizontal Shed might be another option to consider. This large amount of reviews signalizes that many people are using it, with most of them beeing satisfied.
It's quite rare that the saying "You get what you pay for" turns out incorrect. If you have the money on the sideline, feel free to choose the most expensive item from our list: The Lifetime 6446 Outdoor Shed currently sells for $1359.00.
Most Clicked Storage Shed
If you trust us and our users, feel free to check out the Rubbermaid Horizontal Shed. Our statistics say that it is the most favorite Storage Shed from the list above.
If you're still undecided, I would recommend that you go with the masses and choose the top selling storage shed: The Suncast BMS2500SB BMS2500 Horizontal for currently View on Amazon (last checked on July 16, 2019).
That's it for now, please remember that this list is updated on a regular basis.
Storage Shed Reviews
There are no reviews for Storage Shed, yet.
Be the first to write one, or check for additional reviews in the next section below.
Share your opinion on Storage Shed
#storageshed on Instagram
Further Reading on Storage Sheds
Do Your Own Research
Wikipedia Article for Storage Shed
FIG. 1 is a perspective view of a storage shed showing our new design; FIG. 2 is a front elevational view of the storage shed of FIG. 1; FIG. 3 is a left side elevational view of the storage shed of FIG. 1, the right side elevational view being a mirror image thereof; and, FIG …
A modular storage shed system is provided, including an upper frame assembly having a plurality of vertically oriented posts, each post defining an elongated slot extending axially along at least a portion of a length thereof, a plurality of external wall panels each defining a …
(**) Term: 14 Years FIG. 3 is a top view of the four-section storage shed ; FIG. 4 is a front view of the four-section storage shed ;(21) Appl. No. 29/152,957 FIG. 5 is a side view of the four- section storage shed as seen (22) Filed: Oct. 23, 2001 from the right hand side thereof; ea …