The 10 Best Walkers
Our Picks in Detail
If you have any questions regarding an item, please refer to our comments section for this article.
11 Best Walker Alternatives
Walker Buying Guide
How to Choose the Right Walker
Choosing a walker for yourself or loved one is oftentimes confusing because of the wide selection of mobility products available for purchase. Selecting the first walker that you encounter, based upon its looks or the price alone, is the best way to get a useless product, at least to suffice for your needs. Learning how to buy a walker is simple, and a worthwhile step when you want to get the right product, the first time around.
One of the first decisions that you'll need to make when buying a walker is the style. Several styles are available, each offering its own benefits and disadvantages. Walker styles include:
- Basic Walker: The basic walker is one without wheels. It is also the most commonly purchased of the products. Several styles of basic walkers exist, including junior styles and bariatric styles. The basic walker is best suited for indoor use.
- Wheeled Walkers: A wheeled walker is nothing fancy, but is a basic walker with wheels. The wheeled walker is good for indoor and outdoor use thanks to the two wheels placed on the front of the walker. These wheels are stable and do not move.
- Rollators: a third walker type is known as the Rollator. This walker provides the user the greatest range of motion and possibilities. With four wheels, the Rollator has hand brakes and a seat and basket so the user can walk and have someone push them.
- Cane: A cane is suitable for those who need only minimal stability help. A cane works wonderfully for moving about the house, such as moving from a couch to the sofa. Many cane types exist, including the popular folding cane.
Which Walker Style is Right for You?
Now that you're aware of the different styles of walkers, it is time to determine which model is best-suited for your needs.
- Is the walker made for indoor or outdoor use? Where is most of the individual's time spent?
- Can you (or the individual using the walker) have difficulty controlling wheels?
- Does the walker suit your height, weight, and lifting capabilities? Is it adjustable?
- Will the walker fold? A folding walker is important to own because you'll need to transport it and store it throughout the day when you are out and about.
- Do you get tired easily? Does someone push you in a wheelchair sometimes?
- Is the walker comfortable to use?
These factors are important to consider when buying a walker for yourself or loved one. Asking these questions will ensure that you find the perfect walker to suffice your needs. But, buying a great walker requires a little bit more to do properly. When buying a walker, it is also important to consider factors such as:
- What level of aid do you need? If you need help getting around and need a walker, decide the level of aid that you need before you head out to make the purchase. You do not want a walker that lacks the assistance that you need, nor do you want one that is too much and only in the way.
- Cost of the walker: Walker cost is important to consider since many people are on a budget they must stick to. Many factors influence the cost of the walker, including the brand, the style, the features, etc. Compare costs of walkers, ensuring that you use other factors to help you decide the most worthwhile walker.
- Is there a warranty or a guarantee with the walker? Any good walker will come with a guarantee or a warranty. The length of this warranty or guarantee varies, but definitely look for this!
- What do other users say about the product? Gaining an understanding of other user's thoughts of the walker is beneficial, and alleviate a lot of the stress accommodating a walker purchase. Online reviews are the best source of information; however, you can ask friends, family members, and others for their walkers recommendations.
- What is the width of the walker? The standard door has only a 22- inch opening, so you want to ensure the walker is going to easily fit inside your home and the places that you visit.
Conducting a bit of research before investing in a walker is essential. The information found during your research makes it easier to get a walker that is going to live up to your standards and expectations. You can learn what others say while researching, but that is just the start of the information available for you. You'll also learn more about the products features and functions, the price, the length of the warranty, and much more.
Best Walker Buying Guide
Using the above information helps you buy the perfect walker to accommodate your needs. Why settle for less than you want and need in a walker when it takes only a little bit of effort to find an amazing product?
More Research on Walkers
Walker Related Video: Menace C- Walkers
PURCHASE NOW ON ITUNES itunes.apple.com ORDER NOW ON OFFICIALMENACEC.COM Walkers ...