The Best Wide Angle Mirror
To help you find the perfect wide angle mirror, we continuously put forth the effort to update and expand our list of recommendable wide angle mirrors. Our team collects, edits and publishes new information, in order to present it to you in an accurate, significant and neatly arranged way.
Runner-ups: 8 Best Wide Angle Mirror Alternatives
Table of Contents
Buying Guide for Wide Angle Mirrors
Here's why everyone needs a great wide-angle mirror:
A wide-angle mirror is the most affordable, easiest way to protect yourself on the road from accidents all around you that are just waiting to happen. Other kinds of wide-angle mirrors aren't just useful for your automobiles. Wide-angle mirrors for your boat help you when cruising on the lake, and wide-angle mirrors for your driveway or shop help give you more peace of mind. The extra visibility you'll get from these mirrors makes a huge difference, especially when you're:
- driving on rough roads in bad weather
- riding in a difficult car chase in pursuit of criminals, like police officers often do
- barreling down a race track like NASCAR drivers
- trying to add greater security into your business or around your home
Wide-angle mirrors have lots of benefits:
1. Wide-angle mirrors increase your field of vision so much that you will no longer have to look over your shoulder so much. On the road, one quick glance into the mirror is much easier and faster to do when quickly changing lanes. Some mirrors let you see the action on the road even up to several lanes away from you!
2. When you put a wide-angle security mirror in the top corners of your business, you'll be able to catch someone trying to steal from you even while sitting at the register.
3. Since you won't have to turn your head around much anymore after installing wide-angle mirrors, it becomes a great relief for anyone suffering from chronic neck and back problems too.
4. If you have kids, you know how annoying it is to have to listen to the constant chatter in the backseat while trying to focus on the road at the same time. Plus, how can you relax with an infant in the backseat when you don't know if they're making noise for a serious reason or if they're just feeling frustrated about nothing special again? A wide-angle mirror in your car solves these problems for you by giving you perfect visibility of what's happening in the back at all times so that you know when you need to stop and when you should just scold the troublemakers and keep on driving.
5. Backing out and parking in tight places gets a whole lot easier with wide-angle mirrors. They have less distortion than the conventional mirrors that come attached to your car, giving you better distance perception. Especially when you have to back out quickly onto a busy street, wide-angle mirrors relieve a lot of the stress you have of accidentally hitting something on your way out. Sadly, a good majority of road collisions are most often due to people who made mistakes while backing out, which is an easily preventable error.
What features should you look for in wide-angle mirrors?
Consider their size.
Will the mirror that you're considering cover the entire field of vision that you need? Will it fit well wherever you plan on installing it? Bigger is not always better if the mirror gets in the way of your everyday tasks.
Is it shatterproof?
While you may not get into accidents very often, you want to prepare yourself for those unpredictable instances where it's easy to lose your mirror, such as if someone else hits your parked car. A shatterproof mirror will last much longer, even in rough driving conditions.
Will your wide-angle mirror be easy to install?
We love being able to pop something right out of the box, mount it in a minute by ourselves and drive away. However, be careful and read the reviews of the mirror you want to get. The phrase "easy to install" often means that it's a little less secure, so the mirror could shake or even fall off when you're on a really bumpy road if it's a clip-on mirror.
Do you want wide-angle mirrors you can stick onto your existing mirrors?
If all you really care about is eliminating your blind spots, then you might want more minimal wide-angle mirrors that won't get in the way of anything. In that case, get a pair of adhesive mirrors that sit nicely in the corners of your rear-view mirrors.
Remember too that not all wide-angle mirrors are alike. Get a wide-angle mirror designed especially for boats if you're boating. Choose a set made for bicycles if you're cycling. It's best not to try and modify wide-angle mirrors for cars so that you can use them in other ways.
Here are examples of who likes each main type of wide-angle mirror:
Penny-wise folks love this budget-friendly, wide-angle mirror alternative that's less than $5: the Drhob brand blind-spot, rear-view mirror with wide-angle coverage for cars and trucks. These inconspicuous, round, convex mirrors give you a wide-angle view easily when you simply peel off the adhesive paper cover on the back and stick it right onto the outside corners of your rear-view mirrors. You can install them in literally less than a minute. It also comes with a stand that allows you to tilt the new mirror to any angle you need. You can attach these mini-mirrors with or without the tilt-able mount.
One of the most popular wide-angle mirrors for vehicles is the BL brand super-wide-angle, rear-view, curve mirror by Fouring. It lets you see the entire back row of seats, every inch of the rear window and both windows of the rear passengers perfectly. It also lets you see the lane behind you and the full lane on both of your car's sides all at the same time. The design of it covers the interior rear-view mirror, and you might want to use some extra adhesive agents if your existing mirror can't handle the weight of this new mirror so well.
Store owners, managers and those who want extra visibility around their driveways prefer a security wide-angle mirror like the See All brand PLX18 circular, acrylic, indoor, convex security mirror that's 18 inches in diameter. It comes with mounting brackets and washers, and it's even easy to attach it to a tree if you're using it outdoors. Some people also mount it on cubicle walls to monitor the activity behind them. It works best to monitor objects fairly close to the mirror.
Those who enjoy boating like the highly affordable CIPA 11119 Economy 2.5 inches by 8 inches marine mirror with a wide-angle view. It has a well-curved shape to help you see the mirror easily from every angle, and it mounts very quickly. You attach it to the windshield or dashboard as you like.
Bikers really prefer the BicycleStore brand set of adjustable, rotating handlebar rear-view mirrors because they are very durable. They don't shake excessively while riding, and they work especially well when mounted on straight handlebars too.
Top Rated Wide Angle Mirrors
If you're looking into finding the best rated wide angle mirror, you should probable check out the New! High Definition Rear View Mirror. We looked at various sources of reviews and found this one to have the best mix between review count and average rating stars.
Often, going for the best price is a simple but good option. With a price of $10.96 (last checked on May 25, 2019), we do not list any other wide angle mirror cheaper than the Lebogner Pack Blind Spot Accessories 2" Round HD Glass Slim Frameless Convex Rear View. Just remember that it's not always the best option to go for the cheapest one.
The Wide Angle Mirror with the Most Reviews
With at least 521 reviews and counting, the Utopicar Blind Spot Mirrors. Unique Design Car Door Mirrors/Mirror might be another option to consider. This large amount of reviews signalizes that many people are using it, with most of them beeing satisfied.
It's quite rare that the saying "You get what you pay for" turns out incorrect. If you have the money on the sideline, feel free to choose the most expensive item from our list: The See All N12 Circular Glass Indoor Convex Security Mirror currently sells for $30.69.
Most Clicked Wide Angle Mirror
If you trust us and our users, feel free to check out the ELUTO Rear View Mirror. Our statistics say that it is the most favorite Wide Angle Mirror from the list above.
If you're still undecided, I would recommend that you go with the masses and choose the top selling wide angle mirror: The Kiloxa Flexible 4" Office Desk Mirror for currently $13.97 on Amazon (last checked on May 25, 2019).
That's it for now, please remember that this list is updated on a regular basis.
Wide Angle Mirror Reviews
There are no reviews for Wide Angle Mirror, yet.
Be the first to write one, or check for additional reviews in the next section below.
Share your opinion on Wide Angle Mirror
#wideanglemirror on Instagram
Further Reading on Wide Angle Mirrors
Do Your Own Research
a reducing wide - angle mirror, is sold as a Christmas ornament called a bauble. Illuminated rotating disco balls covered with small mirrors are used to
Provided is an improved rear view or rear vision mirror for passenger automobiles, vans and like vehicles, exclusive of buses or trucks larger than pick-up trucks, which mirror affords a wide - angle view well beyond the statutory requirement that outside mirrors give a view of the …
A small, wide angle mirror, for application upon a conventional vehicle side view mirror surface, formed of a molded plastic, generally wedge-shaped, box having integral walls and a curved base which is mirrored. The box is closed with a separate, flat plate which is …
A wide angle rear view mirror assembly for a motor vehicle has a supplemental optically flat wide angle mirror element mounted in a frame which in turn is mounted on the main rear view mirror assembly of a motor vehicle in juxtaposition with the main frame of the main rear …