The 9 Best Xbox One Steering Wheels
Xbox One Steering Wheels
Our Picks in Detail
If you have any questions regarding an item, please refer to our comments section for this article.
* Last update of prices was on 2019-01-18 10:40:48 via PA API. Prices or conditions may have changed in the meantime.
9 Best Xbox One Steering Wheel Alternatives
Xbox One Steering Wheel Buying Guide
The hours seem to fly by when you're playing your favorite Xbox One racing games, but remote controls can interfere with your performance. They feel awkward, and they don't give you that authentic driving experience. The solution is to pick up a steering wheel, but you have to find one designed for the Xbox One platform.
There are many options, but the best wheels are manufactured by Logitech and Thrustmaster. This guide will introduce you to highly recommended steering wheels while providing critical information needed to select the best steering wheel for your system and your personal needs. Get ready to speed your way to superior performance.
What Distinguishes the Best Xbox One Steering Wheels?
It helps to know what you're looking for when you start the shopping process. If you determine what you want in the following categories from the start, you'll quickly eliminate steering wheels that don't meet your needs.
- Force Feedback – Steering wheels with this feature will push back to mimic the rumble and tension of the wheel in an actual car. When you release these wheels, they will spin back around as well. You'll pay more for a wheel with this feature, but you'll also enjoy a more exciting racing experience.
- Accessories – Some steering wheels come with a brake pedal and accelerator while others come with full pedals. It's important to read what's in the package to determine if you'll need to purchase additional accessories to complete your setup.
Are you ready to start shopping for the best Xbox One steering wheels? The rest of this guide is devoted to helping you find the ultimate wheel for your system.
The Best Steering Wheel for Xbox One
- It comes with a full pedal unit that is highly responsive. Cheaper steering wheels don't come with this, so you'll end up spending more if you want the complete setup.
- This is a durable wheel made with stainless steel pedals and solid steel ball bearings.
- This wheel turns smooth and allows for precise responses to any racing situation.
- The force feedback on this wheel is more powerful than what you'll find with many competitors.
- The wheel is lined with soft leather that feels like a real car steering wheel.
Logitech doesn't make as many steering wheels for the Xbox One platform as Thrustmaster, but this is clearly the best buy if you want an advanced wheel with force feedback and pedals.
Xbox One Steering Wheels from Thrustmaster
Thrustmaster is one of two brand names marketed by the Guillemot Corporation. This brand specializes in accessories for various gaming consoles as well as the PC. In addition to steering wheels, they sell headsets and other accessories that are known for their quality and functionality. There are two classifications of Thrustmaster steering wheels for the Xbox One: those with and without force feedback.
Thrustmaster Steering Wheels with Force Feedback
Thrustmaster Steering Wheel without Force Feedback
This wheel comes with a foot rest with two pedals. The brake pedal offers progressive resistance, and you can adjust the pedals to a position that feels comfortable for your body position. If you've ever dreamed of racing down the road in a Ferrari, this wheel will replicate the experience from the comfort of your home.
Thrustmaster Ferrari Add-On Wheels
An add-on wheel is designed for use along with a standard Thrustmaster wheel. While these steering wheels look much like other wheels sold today, you do need another wheel to put them to use.
Xbox One Steering Wheels to Watch Out For
Getting the Most from Your Xbox One Steering Wheel
A steering wheel is only the beginning for an exciting racing experience on the Xbox One. There are a few accessories that will take your game time to the next level:
- Steering wheel stand or cockpit – The stand holds your steering wheel so that you don't have to hold it in the air while playing. This is essential for an Xbox One steering wheel with force feedback because you need stability to feel the feedback. A cockpit is more expensive but offers a comfortable seat designed to mimic the position of a car seat.
- Pedals – Push the gas or throw on the brake with greater precision. Pedals can connect to your stand or cockpit to deliver a more authentic driving experience.
- Gear Shift – This is another accessory that connects to the stand or cockpit to mimic the actions take behind the wheel of a real car.
While you don't need all of these accessories to enjoy your racing games on the Xbox One, you will enjoy your game time more if you pick up at least a stand for wheel stability. The full setup is ideal for racing game enthusiasts who want to optimize their performance through exceptional gear.