The Best Dehumidifier
To help you find the perfect dehumidifier, we continuously put forth the effort to update and expand our list of recommendable dehumidifiers. Our team collects, edits and publishes new information, in order to present it to you in an accurate, significant and neatly arranged way.
8 Dehumidifier Alternatives
Table of Contents
Types of Dehumidifiers
Dehumidifiers come in two different types. The type a person needs depends on the size of the room and how often it will be used.
The first type is a portable dehumidifier. If a basement, crawl space, or bathroom needs a dehumidifier, a mobile one will work. This dehumidifier can be easily moved from one room to another.
The second type is a whole-house dehumidifier. If every room in a house needs a dehumidifier or moisture is a consist battle, then a person should buy a whole-house system.
How Does A Dehumidifier Work?Dehumidifiers take the moisture out of the air which reduces the humidity in the house. Two different types of mechanisms help extract the moisture from the air. These mechanisms are:
- Refrigeration- These dehumidifiers have a core system that works like a refrigerator. The air is brought into the machine and is cooled by a fan. The moisture turns to liquid and goes into a water tank. The air is then heated to room temperature and released. This type of mechanism is the most common.
- Absorption or Adsorption- In these dehumidifiers, the air is absorbed into and onto a material used to dry it out. The water is removed by squeezing this material. In this machine, the fan moves the air around in the machine and then released.
Benefits of A DehumidifierDehumidifiers offer a variety of benefits. Breathing, cooking, bathing, washing and drying clothes can create up to 15 liters of moisture each day. A good machine will reduce or maintain the humidity levels in a home at 30-50%.
One significant benefit is the dehumidifier can provide comfort. Humidity can cause an excessive amount of heat especially when the temperature outside is over 80 degrees F. A dehumidifier takes the moisture out of the air which in turn reduces the amount of humidity in the air.
Another benefit is a dehumidifier will contribute to reducing or eliminating allergens. If a person suffers from asthma, colds, or allergies, a dehumidifier will help remove humidity which also reduces the number of the fungi, dust mites, pollens, and other insects that cause these common issues.
Dampness can cause a lot of issues in a home. These problems include musty smells and the growing of mold. A primary benefit of a dehumidifier is the removal of this dampness and the prevention of musty odors and mold.
Finally, a dehumidifier will help increase the efficiency of an air conditioner. Air conditioning controls the temperature of the home, and a dehumidifier aids the air conditioner in cooling the home. It may help reduce the electric bill, also.
When to Purchase a DehumidifierThe most common area in need of a dehumidifier is the basement of a home. The basement tends to collect the most moisture because:
1. The ground around the basement walls has water vapor coming from it.
2. Humid air enters the house in the basement from outside.
When humidity is too high, there are signs in some areas of the basement.
- If the humidity is too high, mold and mildew may grow. The windows, walls, and ceiling may show signs of mold growth. The spores of mold can be tiny when first growing, so the area must be inspected well.
- If the windows have mist or water drops, the humidity in the room is too high.
- A high level of humidity will cause a musty or strange odor when the room is opened.
- If water level marks are found on the ground, behind closets, or on furniture, there could be a significate humidity problem.
A dehumidifier is needed in all of the above scenarios and should be purchased as soon as possible to prevent permanent damage. It is important to control the humidity and moisture in the basement to ensure the best conditions for the rest of the home.
Key Features of a Good Dehumidifier
A clear understanding of a dehumidifier is necessary before making a purchase. When a person is ready to make a purchase, he or she should look for the following features:
- Sometimes when a machine is located in a hidden place, a person can forget about it. The moisture in the air is collected in a water bucket, so an auto shut off feature prevents an overflow from happening.
- A continuous drain option will allow the machine to continue working without a person having to worry about emptying a water bucket.
- A built-in hygrometer or humidistat will allow a person to set the perfect humidity level for his or her home.
- In a power outage, an auto restart feature will make the dehumidifier turn back on when power is returned to it.
- A dehumidifier should have an auto defrost function to prevent coils from collecting ice and stop working.
- Before purchasing a dehumidifier, a person should consider the size. The unit has to be big enough to remove moisture from the area but small enough to maneuver around the area.
With all of the above in mind, it should be easy to purchase the perfect dehumidifier for any room to prevent a humid, uncomfortable home.
Top Rated Dehumidifiers
If you're looking into finding the best rated dehumidifier, you should probable check out the HOmeLabs 4,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier. We looked at various sources of reviews and found this one to have the best mix between review count and average rating stars.
The Lowest Price We Could Find
The Dehumidifier With the Most Reviews
With at least 6420 reviews and counting, the Frigidaire FFAD7033R1, 70 Pint might be another option to consider. This large amount of reviews signalizes that many people are using it, with most of them beeing satisfied.
High Quality Dehumidifiers
It's quite rare that the saying "You get what you pay for" turns out incorrect. If you have the money on the sideline, feel free to choose the most expensive item from our list: The Hisense DH-50KP1SDLE Energy Star 50-Pint 2-Speed Dehumidifier currently sells for $450.00.
The Dehumidifier With the Most Clicks
If you trust us and our users, feel free to check out the Frigidaire FFAD7033R1, 70 Pint. Our statistics say that it is the most favorite Dehumidifier from the list above.
If you're still undecided, I would recommend that you go with the masses and choose the top selling dehumidifier: The Hisense DH-50KP1SDLE Energy Star 50-Pint 2-Speed Dehumidifier is the hottest bestseller in this category right now.
Further Reading on Dehumidifiers
Fore More Reviews visit : reviewsvid.com Are you looking for Best Small Dehumidifiers ? So now you are in the right place for getting some ...
About this Article
It was last updated on 2020-01-19 08:02:37 and has been viewed 1550 times.