15 Alternatives to Windows 7
Table of Contents
- 1 Alternatives to Windows 7
- 2 Pros & Cons of Windows 7
- 3 Features of Windows 7
- 4 Windows 7 Reviews
- 5 Windows 7 Youtube Videos
- 6 Additional Windows 7 Reviews, Pros & Cons and Similar Software
- 7 Comments on Windows 7
Pros & Cons of Windows 7
- Users will immediately notice that performance has been improved, as a tremendous degree of optimization and bug testing has reduced the frequency of all types of issues.
- Notifications have been made easier to read and dismiss, reducing their frequency and disruptive potential, especially when the user is in the middle of something important.
- Through pinned icons, the user is better able to customize their taskbar, optimizing all of the tools they need for all types of projects.
- Live thumbnails can allow users to grab all of the information and updates that they need as quickly as possible.
- XP Mode was never integrated successfully or gracefully, and individuals may need to work with outside mods in order to create a better compatibility system.
- NAS drives are not available for library additions, which can impact the functionality of some users depending on how they use the software.
- Many of the updates and future versions of the software were ultimately rendered unnecessary, as they did not add too much to the user experience itself.
- Long-time users of the Microsoft brand have said that every issue Windows 7 addressed should have already been taken care of in Vista, resulting in an unfavorable experience through Windows 7.
Features of Windows 7
- A new system of libraries makes it easier for users to store all of their specific data as quickly and efficiently as they need.
- Improved backup systems make it easier for individuals to hold onto their files in the unlikely event of a system crash or software error.
- New window snaps and Aero options make this version of Windows particularly attractive in its functionality, ideal for those who like a little bit of style with their usage.
Windows 7 Reviews
"Depending on the individual's plans for the system, there may be a lot of hit or miss with the Windows 7 platform. What it does, it does extremely well, but there are some aspects from previous systems that some individuals may want back, especially if they have been long-time fans of them. Some of the additional features, such as the Aero Peek and new taskbar, may be difficult for older users to get used to, especially if they are long-time users of Windows XP. Ultimately, the experience is simultaneously more streamlined and flashy, perfect for those who want a little bit more style and substance with their experience, but for users who have gotten used to simpler functionality with older systems, it may be a little harder to hop back into the groove of things. Like with many such new versions, a little practice and familiarization can go a long way, and the software itself can be a breath of fresh air for those who struggled with Vista's overall functionality."
Additional Windows 7 Reviews, Pros & Cons and Similar Software
New: our editorial list of additional articles. We decided to gather informartion all around the internet and present you a list of helpful, external links to interesting reads about Windows 7 reviews, pros & cons and similar software.
Windows 7 Youtube Videos
Windows 7 Review
Disclaimer: This video was not made by us, but we found it interesting enough to embed it here.
Comments on Windows 7
Any helpful suggestions to make on the list of alternatives to Windows 7? Feel free to write a comment!
About this article
This page about Windows 7 was published by G. Krambs / Alternative.me and last updated on 2018-12-16 16:21:29. This page has been viewed 2127 times.