4 Alternatives to Swype Keyboard
Table of Contents
- 1 Alternatives to Swype Keyboard
- 2 Pros & Cons of Swype Keyboard
- 3 Features of Swype Keyboard
- 4 Swype Keyboard Reviews
- 5 Swype Keyboard Youtube Videos
- 6 Additional Swype Keyboard Reviews, Pros & Cons and Similar Software
- 7 Comments on Swype Keyboard
Pros & Cons of Swype Keyboard
- Support for over 100 languages and dialects.
- Gesture commands enable an uninterrupted input style.
- Great word prediction and error correction capabilities.
- Learns from your typing habits and adapts to them to include new words.
- Arguably the best at determining words from gestures.
- Visual customization options are lacking compared to more visuals-oriented keyboards.
- Costs more than several competitive, free of charge alternatives.
- Known issues running on iOS, usually caused by limitations in the OS itself.
Features of Swype Keyboard
- Support for over a hundred languages and dialects.
- Combines dictionary entries from voice and text input and syncs them across devices over the internet.
- Efficient spelling corrections with additional phrase correcting.
- Automatic bilingual support without the need for switching between languages using a key.
- Allows different keyboard layouts for the same language, such as QWERTY and AZERTY.
- Integration with Android accessibility features.
Swype Keyboard Reviews
"The first thing you’ll want to know when installing the original swiping keyboard is how well it does Swype typing, and I’m here to tell you it does it near perfectly. Gesture typing inherently depends on text prediction, so my first expectation was for it to fall short to Google’s keyboard in that area, but honestly didn’t. I’d say perhaps if you try a lot of words produced with similar gestured, Google might have a slight advantage by a tiny margin. However, what surprised me, Swype tends to predict when I mean to type “to” and when to type “too” better than Google. However, if we venture off gesture typing, I would personally say Google’s voice recognition is superior to the included one from Dragon. Of course, this is all anecdotal, but such was my overall experience.
Swype’s claim to the crown of gesture typing keyboards doesn’t end at its ability to spell words. Above that, it utilizes gestures for commands, such as copying, cutting, pasting, holding the shift key, changing layouts and languages, handwriting, and selection. As a polyglot, I especially learned to appreciate its seamless approach to multilingual typing where it lets you switch languages instantly, by just changing the way you swipe. Right now, it can only support typing in two languages spontaneously, but that still saves me an incredible amount of time otherwise wasted on pressing my way through a button, or buttons even. Many of the alternatives even have limited support for gesture input for less Internet-present languages when compared to Swype.
Additional features vary in quality. I’m not exactly a big fan of the themes offered in the Swype Store, and I’ve never been all too enthusiastic about all the different emojis. However, on Android at least, the keyboard integrates seamlessly with the system’s accessibility features. It could be considered a feature that the keyboard itself installs on a variety of operating systems, from iOS, Android, Windows Phone to even Windows 7 and Symbian. Available features and updates, however, vary. iOS version, although I haven’t been able to test it myself, appears to be riddled with bugs, so much that they dedicate the main page for the iOS version to addressing them."
Additional Swype Keyboard Reviews, Pros & Cons and Similar Software
New: our editorial list of additional articles. We decided to gather informartion all around the internet and present you a list of helpful, external links to interesting reads about Swype Keyboard reviews, pros & cons and similar software.
Swype Keyboard Youtube Videos
Swype | App Review
Disclaimer: This video was not made by us, but we found it interesting enough to embed it here.
Comments on Swype Keyboard
Any helpful suggestions to make on the list of alternatives to Swype Keyboard? Feel free to write a comment!
About this article
This page about Swype Keyboard was written by G. Krambs / Alternative.me and last updated on 2018-06-19 05:20:41. This page has been viewed 667 times.