14 Alternatives to JDownloader
Table of Contents
- 1 Alternatives to JDownloader
- 2 Pros & Cons of JDownloader
- 3 Features of JDownloader
- 4 JDownloader Reviews
- 5 JDownloader Youtube Videos
- 6 Additional JDownloader Reviews, Pros & Cons and Similar Software
- 7 Comments on JDownloader
FreepyLoad was developed to run on NAS, next-gen routers and headless home servers, whatever device able to connect to internet and supporting the Python programming language, so it's available for all kind of operating systems and a wide range of hardware platforms; you can even install on your PC or Mac if you want .
FreeWe were pleasantly surprised with the multi-talented EagleGet, since we expected it to be nothing more than a download accelerator. — Softpedia. EagleGet has attractive and modern interface, it's free, easy to use, fully configurable, and comes with some extra tools that will make other media-related programs on your .
More About JDownloader
You can start, pause or stop downloads, auto-extract archives and set bandwidth limitations. JDownloader has a link grabber that adds download links from your clipboard directly to the tool and starts to download immediately after copying the link address. Also, JDownloader allows you to import files by saving your list of download links as a password protected file. At the bottom of the program, you can control the maximum number of simultaneous connections and the download speed.
JDownloader saves you the time of viewing ads by automatically bypassing adfly links. It automatically redirects the links and compresses them to a final download page that is displayed in the link grabber section. The program also extracts downloaded files that have been split into parts and merges them after all the parts have been downloaded.
Pros & Cons of JDownloader
- It automatically detects the captcha feature for some site downloads.
- It has in tray hiding.
- The tool automatically updates itself everytime you launch it.
- It has the option of reconnecting using router IP and scripts.
- It reports on bugs.
- It schedules downloads.
- It does not download videos from sites such as Instagram and Vimeo.
- The help section is not very responsive.
- Installation file may have malware.
- Requires you to set up a plugin for every site before resuming a download.
- First-time users may have difficulty in navigating JDownloader, especially when finding the format for output files.
- Quite slow compared to IDM.
Features of JDownloader
- YouTube video downloader
- You can download a video from YouTube by adding the link to JDownloader.
- The tool then allows you to choose the format in which you want to download the footage whether in MP4 or FLV format.
- Also, you can choose to download the audio track without the video.
- Add links in batch
- When downloading large files that have been split into parts, JDownloader has an option of adding all the links in batch.
- Bypass Advertisement URLs
- With JDownloader, you can easily bypass ad links that have been hidden with adfly URL shorter.
- JDownloader automatically redirects links with ads to the download page and displays the final download page in the link grabber section.
- The tool also runs a check of the files you want to download online and informs you whether or not the files are still available.
- Automatically Join and Decompress Files
- After successfully downloading large files of games and movies that have been split using WINRAR, JDownloader automatically extracts the files and merges them.
- Support File Hosting For Premium and Free Accounts
- If you are downloading files from an online data hosting services such as MediaFire and Hotfiles, the tool will automatically identify the host and ask you to okay its TOS.
- If the host has captcha authentication, the tool will give it to you in the program itself.
- All you need is to add the files in the line, and JDownloader takes over from there.
- JDownloader is an ideal tool for social purposes such as downloading videos and audios.
- With the tool, you can download your favorite videos from YouTube and even download huge files such as games and movies.
There are no reviews for JDownloader, yet. Be the first to write one, or check for additional reviews in the next section below.
Additional JDownloader Reviews, Pros & Cons and Similar Software
New: our editorial list of additional articles. We decided to gather informartion all around the internet and present you a list of helpful, external links to interesting reads about JDownloader reviews, pros & cons and similar software.
JDownloader Youtube Videos
My favorite download manager - How to Install JDownloader2 // Ubuntu 16.04 Tips
Disclaimer: This video was not made by us, but we found it interesting enough to embed it here.
Comments on JDownloader
Any helpful suggestions to make on the list of alternatives to JDownloader? Feel free to write a comment!
About this article
This page about JDownloader was written by G. Krambs / Alternative.me and last updated on 2018-06-19 12:29:24. This page has been viewed 1375 times.