17 Alternatives to ScreenFlow
Table of Contents
- 1 Alternatives to ScreenFlow
- 2 Pros & Cons of ScreenFlow
- 3 Features of ScreenFlow
- 4 ScreenFlow Reviews
- 5 ScreenFlow Youtube Videos
- 6 Additional ScreenFlow Reviews, Pros & Cons and Similar Software
- 7 Comments on ScreenFlow
Pros & Cons of ScreenFlow
- This software offers a mostly all in one solution for video creation. This includes recording video and editing the recorded video as well as other footage being stored on the computer.
- On the recording end, there are options for recording the entire screen of the Mac or selecting a part of the screen to record. This works on a single screen, or offers the option to choose which monitor to record in the case there are multiple monitors connected to the computer. If a mobile device is connected to the computer, it can also record the screen of that device.
- If instead you want to record video and audio from a webcam, there is an option for that as well. There is also an option for recording the audio playing through the computer, natively without needing to connect a microphone to record the audio playing out of the speakers of the device.
- On the editing side, there is a linear editor built into the program. Within this, external footage and audio can be imported to the timeline. One can then record audio for voiceovers in the edited footage, add titles, cut footage to fit properly, and perform minor tweaks to footage scaling, and object placements in the footage.
- As a plus, the developers seem to keep the app updated regularly, and add some improvements and compatibilities as new versions of MacOS are released. Users can purchase the software either through the developer’s website or the built in Mac App Store.
- The main purpose of this application is screen recording. As far as the video editing is concerned, it is basically the bare minimum functionality. While it offers great tools for arranging footage, it offers nothing as far as color correction, footage effects and plugins that are found on dedicated video editing software.
- For many people, the $129 price tag would be too steep for the features it offers. Many people will be content using the free software options available, including the built in functionality of Quicktime Player.
Features of ScreenFlow
- A screen recording app that offers choices for recording, whether it be the whole computer screen, part of it, different monitors, mobile devices or webcam.
- It also offers a video editor for piecing together footage, putting in titles and audio, and making a video to put on YouTube or show to family.
"ScreenFlow is a great option for recording the a users’ screen. There are options for quickly selecting a record mode between the entire display or a select part of it. Recorded footage can be placed in the built in video editor to make any adjustments to the footage or place it into a larger video the user is editing. The editor is not one that I would choose as my primary editor, but it gets the job done. Other software does the job for free, and while I personally prefer these options, ScreenFlow does offer a little more to justify the price of the software for some people."
Additional ScreenFlow Reviews, Pros & Cons and Similar Software
New: our editorial list of additional articles. We decided to gather informartion all around the internet and present you a list of helpful, external links to interesting reads about ScreenFlow reviews, pros & cons and similar software.
Comments on ScreenFlow
Any helpful suggestions to make on the list of alternatives to ScreenFlow? Feel free to write a comment!
About this article
This page about ScreenFlow was published by G. Krambs / Alternative.me and last updated on 2018-09-21 15:23:03. This page has been viewed 503 times.